“Excellent meal” 5 of 5 stars

+44 1767 601502
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Croft Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 36 restaurants in Biggleswade
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Croft Kitchen aims to present a contemporary restaurant experience, specialising in well sourced seasonal ingredients, prepared and presented with a passion for good food. As a family run business we offer a warm and friendly welcome to our customers
Loweswater, United Kingdom
“Excellent meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

I visited the restaurant as part of a lunchtime group preceding a business meeting. The food was genuinely superb and the atmosphere was relaxed and extremely pleasant. Recommend very strongly indeed.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

95% Recommend
Bedford, United Kingdom
“What a Delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I decided to go to The Croft Kitchen after finding it on TripAdvisor.

On arrival we were greeted by a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere and some yummy savoury popcorn treats.

This was followed by a selection of breads and olives and an amuse bouche. All of which was a lovely surprise and most importantly delicious!

The meal was beautifully presented throughout and our main of lamb was a delight. I felt truly spoilt. Desserts did not disappoint also and petit fours were a tasty touch. The meal was such great value and I would be happy to spend more.

The staff were lovely and made the meal even better.

I cannot wait to visit again. It’s great to know I won’t be disappointed with the food. I have told all my friends about The Croft Kitchen, so highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
Biggleswade, United Kingdom
“A great dining experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We had a fantastic meal - from the "bloody Mary" popcorn nibbles at the start to the home made shortbread to accompany the coffee at the end. If you think that what you order isn't very much you are in for a surprise! Little taster dishes seemed to keep appearing at the table, which were delicious and beautifully presented. We went away having been well attended and well fed, already talking about when we could find another occasion to justify such a special meal. This is fine dining for me, and as someone who loves their food and enjoys cooking, I am often reluctant to eat out as I am often left thinking " I could have done that..." - not in this case. Top notch and well worth a visit. People have mentioned that the menu is limited, but I find this to be a good thing as I could spend all evening choosing otherwise - and of course it gives Chef a chance to excel at a few dishes rather than producing too many mediocre ones. One small criticism and I know they are aware of this...try to avoid a table near the bar - the noise from the coffee machine is extremely intrusive!

Potton, United Kingdom
“Fine Dining in Biggleswade! It's really true.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I have recently moved to a small village near to Biggleswade and quickly realised that, apart from very rare oases (take a bow The Coach House at Potton), this area has a dearth of decent restaurants. Croft Kitchen is a gift from the gods and a reminder to the town that we have actually entered the 21st century. The competition is generally so poor that to compare with its local peers is folly. This is a fine dining establishment and deserves comparison with other such places in which I have dined. For the quality and presentation of its food and the knowledge and friendliness (without over-familiarity) of its staff, Croft Kitchen is up there with several Michelin starred restaurants I have experienced. I am not saying it is the finished article yet, but it demonstrates great potential to be the best in the region.
Three of us had the taster menu on a weekday night. For most of the evening the restaurant was half full, but do not expect that to be the norm in the future, when word really gets round about The Croft. Each of our many courses was a work of art and incorporated wonderful flavours, textures and colours. I will not go into great detail here, as you can see it on the website, but I want to mention the sea bass, which all three of us rated as the best course, but only narrowly!
If the owners have ambition, and I hope they do, they may need a better located premises, as its neighbours are Aldi and a car wash. It may also need a more extensive wine list.
Whilst on the subject of wine, they have a perfectly good Chilean Sauvignon Blanc for as little as £15 per bottle, then, seemingly at odds with that, Gavi at £33 and NV champagne at £60. Why do restaurants make percentage mark ups rather than a set rate per bottle? Is it more time consuming to open some bottles than others? Of course, The Croft is not alone in this and I do not want to spoil what was a marvellous dining experience with minor niggles.
The Croft chef produces wonderful food, beautifully presented and the two young men serving us on the night were exemplary.

Bedford, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic Sunday lunch at The Croft Kitchen today, one of the most flavoursome meals I have ever had and such attention to detail in the cooking, flavours and service. We all enjoyed our meals, portions were very generous and presentation beautiful. We look forward to coming back!

Visited September 2013