“Awesome!! ” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Better Moments AS is a tour operator that aims to offer their guests that little extra. Our excursions are managed by our professional and experienced tour guides and the groups are small. We offer exclusive snowmobile- and boat safaris.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Stairs / elevator
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Awesome!! ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

What can I say, these guys made my trip! I was here for only a week and did 3 trips with them! First trip was with Eivind and was an epic 10 hour ride on snowmobiles to the east coast - the weather was great fun, especially a whiteout! You really feel like you are on an epic expedition (you are!). You learn a lot about how to drive a snowmobile and also a lot about Longyearbyen and Svalbard with regular stops to explain the history as well as anecdotal stories that you won't find in any guide books!

The east coast is something out of a dream landscape! There were no bears on this trip so I booked to go again a few days later, this time with Magne. We got to the east coast and in the distance was a polar bear lying on the ice and fishing around for seals!! How Magne spotted it is amazing - it makes you realise that you would have no chance on your own. Not just about seeing a bear but about safely navigating your way there and back.

I also did a midnight sun scooter trip - very cool being out at 12am/1am in the full sunlight!

The other big plus of these trips is that the group size is really small - that alone is worth every penny - and you get a real personalised experience.

These guys really go out of their way to give you a great trip so the question is not if you are going to book a tour... But how many! :) and good luck in searching for the king of the arctic, their trip is the best chance you have without paying thousands and thousands for a cruise around the coastline of Svalbard.

Hope I get the chance to come back - thanks guys!!!

• Polish first
Bergen, Norway
4 attraction reviews
“Overwhelming experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

Me and my friend made a 10hr snowscootertrip to the east coast of Spitsbergen. We were lucky enough to be the only participants that day, so we drove in a really small group. The trip itself was magic. Our guide Eivind was great. He provided us with a lot of knowledge about a lot of things but also fun facts about Svalbard :)

Unfortunately we were unlucky and didn't see any polar bears, but that's how nature rolls, I guess. It didn't change the fact, that we will remember that trip for a really long time. Better moments is small and fairly new company, they are doing a great job and provide you with everything you'll need for a safe and unforgettable trip, even a warm home made lunch. They like to keep their groups small, which I liked a lot. It is much closer too nature and a much more pleasant expierence when you are only a few people driving through the wilderness.

I can only recommend Better Moments and wish them all the best with their newly established business.

Visited May 2014
Sundsvall, Sweden
“My first polar bear”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

A fantastic trip with a great guide. Giving us memories for the rest of our life's.
All the details was in place and we are back home filtering all nice pictures.

Clarksville, Maryland
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This was a trip beyond words -- can't recommend it highly enough. Completely personalized. My husband, our 12-year old son, and the guide on 3 snowmobiles. We saw a couple of other tours -- one with at least 20 snowmobiles, and felt like royalty.
We took the 10-hour trip to the east coast with Ivan. He was very knowledgeable, competent, informative, and generous. Every detail was perfect -- he let us know what to expect, instructed us novices on snowmobile skills, took care of us every step of the way. He stopped at the most outstanding views, gave us information we would never get any other way, and worked to make this a truly memorable experience. The attention to detail was outstanding (e.g., a catered hot meal instead of dehydrated food). We had had a great visit to Svalbard and this was our last tour. It could not have been more perfect.

Longyearbyen, Norway
“Small company - Big heart”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My first time on a snow mobile so very nervous but my spirit was high. Our highly experienced guide Niklas made me feel safe though ;) Knowledge, passion, amazing scenery and the chance to watch a polar bear sun bath while eating home made soup = a day I'll treasure forever

Visited April 2014