“Very friend, very cozy, lovely food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Very friend, very cozy, lovely food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were visiting the Ring of Kerry in January, when most of the places were closed since it's not really the best time to visit. Still we were astonished by the views and the force of nature, especially the huge waves slamming the coast. We spotted this place while passing through Caherdaniel, after leaving the hotel we were staying in, in Sneem. We thought we should visit, so on our way back we made a stop here.

It was worth it! We really enjoyed the cozy place, and the friendliness of the people. Food was lovely as well. Do try their Irish Coffee. It is one of the best I have tried so far. Definitely recommend a visit.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

London, United Kingdom
“A really good pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We had a gorgeous, tasty, and welcoming meal here, in a pub that was packed with other guests doing the same……These people know how to run a pub! Thank you!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“A great roots soup. fulsome dark Irish beauty & a wife that smiles”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My wife and I stopped at the Blind Piper for a bowl each of smooth mashed root veggies soup cum brown buttered bread, a consistent favorite of ours in Ireland. We'd heard some very good things about the meals there, but it wasn't an appropriate time of day, so that sufficed nicely, along with the traditional one piece of ham and one of cheese proper to most public sandwiches in the U.K and Ireland. Half kiddingly, if anyone's ever seen a second slice of anything between two pieces of bread on either isle, please call the international press with that scoop. ;)

Our kind server happened to be a classic fully mature dark Irish woman (as of possibly Armada family history?) with a visage to remember for quite some time. My wife never minds my noticing such things as she appropriately notes I have a good sense of balance about their quickly passing significance in my life.

Now if every single lady who works in the Blind Piper finds herself to be fitting of such accolades, I say in bits of mixed quotation, "If you feel the shoe fits, wear it with pride and gratitude for God tender mercies". As for the Blind Piper itself, it shouts of history and local color and is a fine spot for a stop of any time on this delightful bit of my lifetime beloved West of Ireland country road. Next time we'll try one of the recommended meals!

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ireland
“Cold food!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I visited the Blind Piper for a ver pleasant drink one afternoon and decided to return with my family in the evening for a meal. It was very busy when we arrived and we could get a table together so my wife and I both sat with a daughter each, we were not offered a table together even though one came available shortly after we arrived! When the food arrived it was cold and both my wife and I sent it back, the kids seemed fine. When the food came back it was OK, no more no less! It was also expensive for a pub. I would return here for a drink but not for food, it would get 4 stars as a pub but 2 is the most I can give it for quality of food and service!

• Visited October 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
ireland
“very good food and atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

went here recently for a meal after a days walking and it was pleasently surprising. Located in the holiday mecca of Chaerdaniel on the Ring of Kerry, we were not expecting much. The outside of the premises looked well and was maintained very well. Inside the decor was very dated but \i think this gives the place a good atmosphere. nearly all seats were taken at 6pm on a saturday evening, very good sign and many were locals. there seemed to be a raised seating area that we did not see until leaving and that was also busy.
I had a lovely roast beef at €11.90 while the better half had a toasted special at €8.50, Accompanying glass of wine at €4.75 each was well priced and tasted lovely. Tea at €1.70 was not overpriced either and any charges of rip off ring of kerry would not stand up on a visit to this place. Area to improve might be to look at the decor a bit but dont change the atmosphere. Service was very good and the toilets were very clean.
Overall a very good place to stop off and visit if you are in the area and want some very good food at reasonably prices and/or a relaxing drink in lovely surroundings

• Visited October 2013