“excellent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 186 Hotels in Hersonissos
Brigg, England, United Kingdom
“excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

our 1st holiday abroad and what a wonderful holiday it was.the hotel was lovely.our appartment with our own private pool was A*.the food was very good with lots of choice and varity.and was quickly replenished.and the staff we friendly.not alot of entertainment but we didn't mind about that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Went on 28th june for 11 nights. Hotel nice,clean 3 star quality.. Food repetitive, lukewarm and 3 star defo nowhere near 4star. Beds very lumpy. Very poor entertainment on 3 nights a week. Staff ok. Towels changed everyday. Plenty of sunbeds, no need to get up early for beds which was great. Good slides and play area if you have younger children.Beginning of resort a 15 min walk away. Hersonnisis nightlife consists of restaurants cocktail bars by the beach but no entertainment or music in bars. There is nightclubs for younger people. I found this resort catered more for scandinavians and russians. We ended up going into stalis or malia at night because they catered for british people and those resorts are a lot nicer looking and cheaper for food, drink and gifts. We usually took the bus in and a taxi or bus back. Bus is 1 euro something to both resorts and taxi to stalis 7 euros, to malia 15 euros. But even Stalis didnt have entertainment apart from quizzes and bingo in the bars. Malia was full of nightclubs and music bars. Wont be going back to Crete although Star beach was lovely during the day and free to get in and had slides etc for 8 euros a day and sunbeds were 3 euros.

Room Tip: junior suite was a good size plenty of room
Preston, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Overall a really nice place. We arrived at midnight and although the kitchen and the all-inclusive bar were closed, they had some plates of food for us and gave us a drink. Staff were very friendly and helpful, and there was varied entertainment every other night. There was never a problem getting a sunbed by the two pools, which were good sized.
The buffet style food wasn't spectacular, but there was always a really good choice, loads of salad and fruit. It was a bit chaotic at peak times though! We ate the evening meal an hour after they opened and it was much quieter.
The wine and spirits in the all-inclusive was a bit ropey but the beer was good!
It's only a five minute walk to the beach and about ten minutes to Star Beach where there are watersports and bars/music ...etc
It's definitely a taxi ride to the harbour and the nightclubs, only 8 Euros though.

Room Tip: It's built on a hill, and the higher up the hill is better - it's a bit breezier and a bit q...
Norrköping
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

The hotel was average. It was uplifting, Eva was the dinning area. A friendly and talented staff. A helpful and friendly person.Thank you for this week. Thanks to you Best regards Mari and Örjan from Sweden

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We came home yesterday after a one week holiday, and both my husband and myself found the hotel and its staff fantastic. From the moment we arrived at the hotel the staff were very friendly, from the reception staff to the bar staff and restaurant staff. The food was excellent, there was something for everyone. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the cleaning staff were very friendly. I know everyone is entitled to an opinion but I think some ppl just like to complain for the sake of it. I think the hotel deserves its 4star status and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just arrived home from a 2 weeks stay at the hotel, id like to say that it was a pleasant experience but I don't tell lies! Firstly I will list the good points because it wasn't all bad, for one the bar employees who were situated in the bar area surrounding the pool were very friendly always happy to help and nothing was too much trouble for them... A real asset to the hotel, although all staff weren't this friendly and workingiin a hotel myself this is a key aspect that is needed helpful friendly staff! Another good point was the pools which were both salt water and kept clean, and it was an enjoyable experience with what everyone referred to as the 'noisy pool' there is music played throughout the day at a reasonable level and waterslides running also, it was a lovely pool and I much preferred this pool to the other where everyone was laid staring at each other all day and you couldnt talk much as you felt eyes turning to you as it was so quiet, I suppose this was a nice area for sleeping I suppose, but not my cup of tea, so it was good to have a choice between two pools with different atmospheres. I will move swiftly on to the negative points, when we arrived we were shown to a room with a view onto other balconies and a slight glimpse on the sea which wasnt exactly the seaview we'd paid for but we accepted this as we all thought we aren't going to be in the room too much only at night,we then stayed one night in this room due to the springs coming through the camp bed into my back all night and the fact the aircon didn't work (not exactly a good nights sleep I can tell you especially with young people screaming up and down the staircase all night till 6am I suppose we were near the 'party central' so it's to be accepted, id advise you to try get a room away from the staircase if possible as then you may get some decent sleep) we asked to move and the hotel offered us a room up further which had lovely views of the sea and pools and was kept moderately clean, with linens changed about once a week slightly less than is the norm in hotels I've stayed in, the cleaner was friendly and gave shower gels, soap and shampoo bottles daily in the bathroom with plenty of clean towels supplied, it was nice to have wifi available in the hotel, and being young I do like my social networking sites, I will move onto my main negative and if it wasn't for this I would not have had quite an unenjoyable time, I've stayed in several hotels over the years and you come to accept that the food in the resturants wont be fabulous but edible with a variety to eat, and I spoke to several nationalities and thet all said the same thing there wasnt enough choice, I will now list the whole menu offered at lunch and dinner... Salad, bread, a soup, chips, liver, chicken sometimes, fish which was fatty, pasta with sauce, sometimes some potatos, fatty pork sometimes and for dessert watermelo, orange and icecream.. I mean I wouldnt have mided if there was some more choice as after a few days and nights of the same thing for dinner and lunch began to grate, we chose to eat out in order to eat properly costing a hell of a lot on top of the budget we had assigned for the, but through this we got to experiece some traditional Greek food something that was also lacking from the hotel strange seeing as it's a hotel in greece, the resturant at the hotel was lacking staff contact with guests and felt more like a canteen, on our second to last day we were approached by a waitress who asked if we would like a drink this had never happened in the whole stay and we were taken aback, my family and I arent fussy eaters but the hotel food takes the mick... Anyway I wont be returning as for the amount of money we spent to stay here and the 4* rating they give themselves the hotel is a let down, just before we left we checked out we handed our keys back, the receptionist glared at us then went bye and that was that no did you have a nice stay nothing, suppose maybe they dont want to know or don't care, like a conveyor belt in and out!!

• Stayed July 2013
Lanark, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Just back from a stay at this hotel. Based on the reviews I'd read was surprised and dissapointed.id been expecting the food to be excellent but found it typical run of the mill buffet you'd expect at a 3star hotel. there was no show cooking , the meat used was generally ,poor ,fatty and cheap cuts.
At the bar they offered one featured cocktail per day ,which again was poor both in content and presentation, no fresh fruit ,premixed and served in a straight glass.

On the plus side the staff were helpful ,reception in particular, and the hotel was immaculately clean.However you do expect a small degree of luxury in a 4star hotel ,in comparison to other 4star hotels this one falls short.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Mediterraneo Hotel? Share your experiences!