Well ,what can I say ,just returned from our second (and hopefully not the last) visit here and it was even better than before ,Kostas and Maria are the perfect hosts ,all they want is for you to have the best holiday you could wish for,welcomed back like family,the rooms may be basic but are clean and tidy( how much time do you want to spend in your rooms when you have this beautiful island to explore !).The food here that maria prepares is mostly Cretan with her own slant on it and is beautifully done,contrary to what someone wrote the beer is only 3€ large which is pretty much the same all over ,added to that is the copious amount of free raki and also the free weekly bbq (drinks xtra)wh8ch is a great way to meet your fellow guests .Like others have stated you are halfway up the hill between hersonissos at the bottom and the beautiful villages of piskopiana and koutolofari where you will find some fantastic restaurants look out especially for Davids,Emannuels and Ariadni's well recommended ,Davids is so good and so cheap you will wonder how they do it !
We visited Stalis beach (1.40€ local bus)also by local bus am boat Spinolonga for around 15€ (tour ops charge nearly 3x that )stop off at aghios gorgios and elounda on the way absolutely recommended.
Please look at all the positive reviews on here and not the small minded ones complaining about rooms etc if you want 5★ accommodation this not for you but if you want a fantastic Cretan experience and to meet other people as well as the the fantastic Kostas and Maria and leave with loads of happy memories this is the place for you,hope to go back soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between the center of hersonisos, famous for the busy nightlife, and the traditional village of Koutouloufari is our property. It is placed in an ideal location that gives access to both directions and meanwhile it's peaceful with nice views to the mountain and the beach.The small amount of rooms(17 rooms) along with our commitment to our guest's pleasure makes this place ideal for people who like to meet people on their holidays and have the feeling of living in a small Greek community.Our pool area is set next to a pool bar that provides cold drinks and homemade food based on our local culture, using Cretan products and vegetables from our own garden. The hotel was built 28 years ago and it's been passed from the parents to the children to continue the traditional family business.Almost every week we cook complimentary food for our guests to join and share our Greek philosophy.All ages are welcome but our statistics say that couples often prefer staying with us ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Papadakis Villas Hotel Chersonisos
- Papadakis Hotel Hersonissos
- Papadakis Villas Crete, Greece