I stayed here from 2nd to 9th October. The accomodation is halfway between Hersonnissos and Koutouloufari (10 mins walk from either) .There are 17 units all whitewashed cubes with blue doors and blue shuttered windows, set around little courtyards or balconies, My room was on the top floor (technically there are only two floors but it appears to be on different levels). It is very pretty and very greek in design.The aparments and studios are simply furnished, with tiled floors, air con is available at a supplement but I did not need it. I had a one bed apartment which had a double bed in the bedroom, quite unusual for greece.Beds in Greece are on the hard side, even in 5 star hotels, but you soon adapt. All the apartments and some of the studios, have a double bed and one or two singles. My apt had quite a large bathroom, by greek standards and also a shower curtain and raised bit around the shower, and of course no bath. Only 5 star hotels have baths and most 2 and three star accomm do not have shower curtains or shower trays. The self catering facilities consist of a fridge, two electric rings and a kettle, perfectly adequate for me, and the norm in most SC accom in Greece.Those people who want toasters, microwaves or more than a couple of pans need to book a villa.I had clean sheets and towels once during my stay, which is perfectly fine. There is a nice, but small pool and a small pool bar which serves breakfast and snack lunches, Maria uses a local british food shop for the ingredients for her english breakfast, so it is excellent. There is no food at night but Bill, the barman will order a takeaway if you are too tired or lazy to venture out. I ate in the little, very pretty villages of Koutouloufari, Piskopiano and Old Hersonnisos, the resort of Hersonnisos down the hill is not really my sort of place, it is too lively with english and irish pubs, fish saunas, amusement arcades and night clubs, however for those wanting this sort of thing Papadakis is ideally situated. What makes the Papadakis special though is its staff, Maria and Kostas (the owners) Barman Bill and Sophia the maid really work hard to make sure everyone has a lovely holiday. There is a weekly BBQ so everyone meets all the other guests and everyone talks to everyone else and shares tips about where to visit, where to eat etc. This was particularly nice for me as I was travelling alone, Greek islands are great for lone women travellers, very safe and friendly.All in all Papadakis is ideal for those wanting simple,traditional accommodation, but with a few essential mod cons, a friendly atmosphere and wonderful hosts. Once again thank you so much, Maria and Kostas for a delightful weeks holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Halfway between the center of hersonisos, famous for the busy nightlife, and the traditional village of Koutouloufari is our property. It is placed in an ideal location that gives access to both directions and meanwhile it's peaceful with nice views to the mountain and the beach.The small amount of rooms(17 rooms) along with our commitment to our guest's pleasure makes this place ideal for people who like to meet people on their holidays and have the feeling of living in a small Greek community.Our pool area is set next to a pool bar that provides cold drinks and homemade food based on our local culture, using Cretan products and vegetables from our own garden. The hotel was built 28 years ago and it's been passed from the parents to the children to continue the traditional family business.Almost every week we cook complimentary food for our guests to join and share our Greek philosophy.All ages are welcome but our statistics say that couples often prefer staying with us ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Papadakis Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Papadakis Villas Hotel Chersonisos
- Papadakis Hotel Hersonissos
- Papadakis Villas Crete, Greece