“value for money” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Averinos

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hersonissos
Averinos
You added Averinos to your Saves list
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Vitsenso Kornarou, Hersonissos, Crete 70014, Greece   |
Ranked #152 of 183 Hotels in Hersonissos
Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
“value for money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We were asked to move in Averinos from Vasso and did not regret about it.
What I liked:
-large eating area outdoors with a lot of sunbeds, cats and swimming pool. the area is very comfortable, with intimate zones and shadow from palms. you can see sea:)
-location (close to sea, close to city center but hidden from the main street and so is quite).
-always can find space for parking
-local free beer, red wine
-dished that do not put your stomac in discomfort (a lot of poor reviews about meals - but guys, I did not pass in toilet the evenings!)
-you can ask - you will get what you want
-good sound isolation (really good!)
-fridge
What I disliked:
-poor WIFI from the reception area that I have to restart very often
-poor choice of meals (we ate from time to time outside to change the food - not so expensive)
-poor comfort in room (bed with the holes under your fanny:D; no change of the towels and bed linen without extra-demand; no shower curtain - water everywhere)
In total: the place to stay during the night, good value for money. you can always pass the evening on the balcony or in the yard (very comfort) but do not expect smth extra - it is just the place to sleep - cheap as you pay for it.

Room Tip: -if you stay on ground floor - do not put your towels outside - cats piss on it -the room 306 and n...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Believe all the bad reviews it's the first time I am complaining about a hotel, trust me we have never stayed in such a dirty hotel in my life I have been travelling for 20 years, the food are disgusting boiled pasta, dry potatoes,mystery meat and water melon everyday dinner and lunch are only for one hour and you need to there beforehand otherwise they run out of food. The drinks are rubbish taste like water, the bar is opened from 11 to 2200 but there is no one to serve you.
Do not go there trust me.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Can't say too much, because this holiday upset me so much, just typing the description is making me SickThe only time I got food from this hotel was to feed the starving animals that come around at feeding time, Couldn't even find a vet, every time I asked, everyone wanted to avoid my questions.we had to spend around €110 a day on food too eat out. There is no all inclusive, so if you've got children there's no snacks through the day, they don't even sell them there. The so called all inclusive bar closes at 10.00, then you pay the full price. 3 meals a day, which are bought in and the stray animals that you just can't avoid, even eat the cauliflower and crap mashed up stuff. We booked this holiday through icelolly.com and we were conned 100%. So thank god we never took kids and make sure you have at least £1000 to spend per couple and do believe the reviews, cause we though people were exaggerating. Forgot to say! When you do want a drink at the bar, the one person just disappears, so your waiting a long long time. No music at all.

Room Tip: Wifi went on when you went outside
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We booked this holiday as a last minute deal a few days before going so didn't expect much but thought at least it would b clean! Arrived early hours in morn expecting 3 rooms but only had 2 available but rooms were big so decided that would b fine! Went to bathroom to brush my teeth but saw soo much limescale on the sink tap I was scared to turn it on. Sockets hanging off walls and bulbs missing from lights. Paid 40 euros per room for air con that was no stronger than someone blowing on u! Food was actually not 2 bad but not much variety lucky I'm not fussy!! For what we paid I can't complain but it really reminds me of the TV program faulty towers.. I'm glad I can laugh about it cause it was that bad lol but had free wifi highlight of our holiday. Supposed to b 3 star hotel but they must have stole the stars u wouldn't give it more than 2 at most

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wolverhampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I booked a double room with a pool view at Vasso studios which was supposed to be a Three star establishment but when we arrived we were offered a single room in what looked like a cupboard .We refused and were told we could get taken to a sister hotel,the rooms were dirty,the beds uncomfortable and the food is disgusting,horrible.My boyfriend and I could not eat it at all. You get offered the same lunch and dinner everyday.The breakfast is the same and you get no snacks.Drinks are limited and all taste like water.I lost a stone in weight and we had to eat out all the time which cost excess money.There were lots of arguments between couples and this was supposed to be a romantic experience.The resort and country are beautiful but this hotel is vile.DO NOT BOOK.There is a scam going on here.

• Stayed June 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I booked a holiday to crete to stay in vasso hotel on arrival I was told there were no rooms so got moved to averinos hotel which was more than £100 cheaper to book and is only 2 star they are scamming people. Also food horrible it's has been dry pasta, dry potatoes and unlabelled mystery meat every lunch and dinner for a week the same repeated every day do not go all inclusive

York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Now I'm the type of person who never complain about hotels and write reviews but I wish I had never booked here and I want everyone to think twice before booking here!!! I came here with my boyfriend for my birthday and it is not relaxing at all! We spent all our money on food to eat out as the 'ALL INCLUSIVE' was repeative every day potatos, pasta, veg and mystery meat that was edible at best! My boyfriend did not eat all holiday and the drinks are average! Food is not available all day and drinks are only available 11am -10pm!! We were meant to stay at VASSO STUDIOS but we were told we wouldn't like the room and took us here which was £100 more!!!! Disgusting service and overall the worst experience of my life and that's not being dramatic! Everyone at this hotel has hated it and were all meant to stay somewhere else!! If you do stay here choose room only because I promise you won't get your money's worth in food!! Feel to to ask any questions!!

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Averinos? Share your experiences!