We stayed from 18 to 25 October 2013 at the end of the summer season in a one bedroom apartment (402) overlooking the main pool. The apartment was well equipped and very clean, cleaned every day. We had a lovely view from the bedroom window and the terrace over the bay, hotel was quiet and staff very helpful and friendly, and as it was quiet guests got to know each other too. We went self catering but on occasions had breakfast, lunch and main meal all of which were good quality and excellent value.
There were also several excellent restaurants and shops along the road in the village of Koutouloufari. Lots of complementary food and drink with the meals We'd recommend Marni Village and Koutouloufari very highly and would certainly go back. Site is quite hilly so might not be so good for people with mobility problems - or anyone scared of cats as there were several delightful young cats on site.
Only disappointment was attempt by Euro Tours in Chersonisos trying to con us over a hired car - young woman quoted us a price of ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¬18 per day for 5 days comprehensive when we enquired but when we went to pick it up an older man tried to scam an additional ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¬100 !We asked for our deposit back and he gave us an older car for a 'stupid price' of ÃÂÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂÃÂÃÂ¬100 for 5 days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece