We went here last may 2012. Landed off a late flight. Got there at 2am in the morning, disorientated etc .... the boss decided to open up his bar so that we could have a drink and relax before falling into bed. Absolutely beautiful pools. bar food as good as can be expected. Staff very friendly. Our apartment was spotless and cleaned on regular basisi. Fresh towels every day also. Near to all amenities. The local hamlet near to the hotel as just fab! I had no interest whatsoever into going into Hersonnisos. The hamlet provided loads of excellent restaurants and bars and late night shops. Great vibe. Peaceful and relaxed yet enough to keep one entertained. Mari village itself was lovely! apartments were spotless,. Dining aread on site did good lunches. The main swimming pool on this site was lively but not too boisterous, there was also an onption of going down a few hundred yards to the end of the complex to enjoy what you could call your very own swimming pool.
The guy who owns the bar in marni village us a gent! Very hospitable. However he did employ one particular lady who did come across not only as rude but also as manipulative. This was a big drawback, as several times she made derogatroy comments to my friend and I. There was a bald-headed guy behind the bar who was a bit of a tit. Rude and arrogant and if I were you, I would check my change after buying a round. Not to be trusted!!!! Regardless of this, the marnni village is a crackin place to stay in and I will go back again in the future. Do check it out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece