We recently spent three very happy weeks at Marni Village.
The resort is set on a hillside, with three lovely pools. It has great sea views to the front and mountain views to the rear. The buildings are built in traditional style and blend well with the gardens, which are beautifully kept.
As you would expect with any Greek self-catering apartment, the decor is plain, but the apartment was spacious and had everything we needed.
The resort and local villages were quiet as the season closes at the end of October. This suited us perfectly, as we had the best of service and luckily the weather was in the mid-twenties every day.
Marni Village is mainly staffed by people who have worked there for some years. Manos the bar manager was charming and very helpful. Anna and Elena were cheerful and keen to please. Katrina the chef is enthusiastic and very skilled. Practically everything on the extensive menu is cooked from fresh - very unusual for an on-site restaurant/cafe bar and one of the best things about the resort.
We arrived after a delayed fight at 1.30am to find the bar and kitchen had been kept open for us. This is typical of the management and staff’s determination to offer great customer service.
Due to the many steps and slopes, I would not recommend this resort to people with walking difficulties. For everyone else who enjoys a quiet location in walking distance of restaurants and nightlife, I cannot praise this resort enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece