Just returned from a two week mid-October holiday at the Marni Village and have to say that we enjoyed our fortnight so much we would certainly consider returning at some point. We arrived late, yet received a warm welcome and were escorted to our studio apartment which was spacious enough for a couple. The room was clean and comfortable, yet a little tired at the end of the season. However, the village is incredibly well kept, and I noticed that they were already starting to refurbish some of the apartments as we left (the village closes at the end of October for the winter).
The studio was fitted with twin beds (albeit close together) which were very firm - although that suited us fine and we had a good night's sleep every night - toilet/shower room and kitchen area. The 'kitchen' was fitted with a mini oven with two-plate hob, a fidge/freezer, kettle, filter coffee machine, pots/pans, cups/glasses etc. - certainly enough to cope with cooking should you so wish. Our studio came with a table and chairs as well as another set on the balcony - and with the weather hitting the 30s - very welcome to dine al fresco. Other facilities included a remote-control tv, air-conditioning (extra), safety deposit box (extra) and free wi-fi. Our apartment was cleaned daily and sheets /towels changed every two/three days (this may have been because the complex was fairly quiet) and the cleaners were fantastic.
There were three swimming pools which were very quiet in October, a cafe/bar, 24 hour reception, sauna & tennis courts, situated in well tended gardens. There is a mini-market and bakery near the village entrance - neither overpriced.
Marni Village is situated about a mile uphill from Hersonissos in the village of Koutouloufari. Some people might find the distance/incline off-putting
but it depends on the individual. At times I found the walk back uphill hard going but taxis are available for 7 Euros. Koutouloufari is a pleasant village
with a choice of tavernas and is within walking distance of two other villages, Piskopiano and Old Hersonissos (which was my personal favourite).
The main resort of Hersonissos is quite brash with an endless mixture of restaurants, bars, clubs & shops and would be a nightmare in the summer
as far as we are concerned - but ok in October. The nearest beaches to Marni Village are in Hersonissos too but they are quite limited and would think very crowded in summer.
All-in-all we had a very pleasant, relaxing holiday at the Marni Village & Koutouloufari - bearing in mind though we stayed 'out-of-season'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece