Having read reviews before we arrived at Marni, it was as good as we hoped. Arrived very late 12.30am was met and helped by a very pleasant man (apologies, cant remember your name). He helped us to our room where we left our bags and went for a drink at the bar.
Marni Village is as lovely as described, beautiful setting, very well kept, excellent staff. Our only disappointment was our room (103) which is very basic, the shower was difficult to get to stay on the wall and most of all you get lots of noise from the dogs over the road at night. We did not kick up a fuss as we were not in the room much, but having booked through Thomas cook would ask for a better room when we go again, which we intend to do.
Koutouloufari is a brilliant, pretty and an entertaining village, as are the 2 villages beyond. Esperos was our favourite restaurant and ate here twice. The supermarket close by is excellent.
Hersonisos was great. Stallis has brilliant beaches and if you get a chance go to Potomas Beach just along from Malia, Excellent for snorkelling
The hill up to Marni is mentioned a lot as being hard work but we looked at it as eat and drink what you like, its good exercise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, HostelBookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece