Me and my partner (we are late 20s) have very much enjoyed our holiday in marni. The hotel complex itself is very well maintained with beautiful plants and flowers. Although built against the mountain side it is a bit hilly overall. Not a problem if you have no difficulties in walking.
There's 3 pools. All would be a good choice to settle at.
The restaurant /pool bar gives you a small but varied choice. Found the pizza adequate and good value for money. I would probably head in to koutouloufari village (on your left as you leave) for a better quality dinner. However good for lunch or a snack.
Our apartment was a maisonette which was a very good size. The view of the sea was great and not far from the main pool. Was glad we choose this type of apartment. The bed was very comfortable and linen and towels to a good standard!
The rooms all have wifi accessibility which was a great thing and meant we could research our trips out!
I would say that the beaches near here are a bit of a miss. Over crowded and not very picturesque. I've heard the beach at vai is lovely if you want to go further afield. 2hrs east.
All in all, we were very happy with marni village and would consider coming back (once we've seen a bit more of the world!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Orbitz, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, HostelBookers, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece