Have just returned from Marni Village having been there the first 12 days in October. Apart from first weekend when weather turned quite cold the holiday was great. The one bedroom apartment we had was spacious with two balconies, comfortable bed and small kitchen which enabled us to cook breakfast or lunch whenever we wanted. Plenty of space. The housekeeping service was first rate, cleaned every day and towels changed every other day. The food at the hotel snack bar was good, with a lot of variety. The staff at Marni Village are first rate, nothing is too much for them. We arrived at 4 am and the manager on duty gave us a bottle of water, carried our bags to our room and was extremely helpful. The tavernas in Koutouloufari are numerous and we would especially recommend Onira's where you are greeted like one of the family and the food was excellent. The highlight of the trip was a land rover safari into the interior and the mountains - what a fantastic day - highly entertaining and informative driver, thrills and a great lunch at Zorba's in the mountains. If you only do one excursion in Crete I would highly recommend this one. The barbecue evening was very entertaining, with good food and Greek dancers. The bar staff was very friendly, helpful and offered lots of tips of what to do and where to go. One word of warning if you intend to hire a car use one of the big firms, we hired a car from a local firm which was old and rattled and broke down after four days. Definitely stick with Avis or Hertz next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, HotelsClick, HostelBookers, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece