“Seamless Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Marni Village

Save Saved
You added Marni Village to your Saves list
Marni Village
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8 G. Seferi | Koutouloufari, Hersonissos, Crete 70014, Greece   |
Ranked #7 of 176 hotels in Hersonissos
Glasgow
“Seamless Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Having stayed at Marni almost every year since 2006, we had come to expect an excellent experience and service. However, even we were surprised by the continued commitment and professionalism of all the staff we encountered. It is easy to be cynical these days about customer care, particularly given the difficult times Greece is going through at the moment, but this complex surpasses all our expectations and is an excellent example of what the Greek people can achieve given the opportunity. From the moment of arrival, the welcome is sincere and committed. The maturity of the beautiful gardens in which the apartments are located is a reflection of the dedication of the staff, from manager through to cleaners. They actually seem to care about making your stay as pleasant and care-free as possible.
It is difficult to exceed excellence, but one tip which would assist in future would be to provide the room numbers on the hotel's website against the various types of accommodation. Those of us who have been coming for years know the layout of the complex very well, but it's not always easy to identify where, for example, a two person maisonette is or 2 bedroom superior apartment. Identifying them on the website would assist future bookings!

Room Tip: The fitter you are, the better the room! Marni is located on a fairly steep hillside. While this pro...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

489 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
  • Greek first
belfast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just back from Marni village. I stayed in a one bedroom apartment, cleaning staff excellent, went beyond the call of duty. Bar staff very friendly and efficient, serving good quality drinks and snacks. When we stayed there was three entertainment evenings per week, entertainment very mediocre and if you room is close to main pool, the noise during these evenings is unbearable if you are not attending the entertainment~ although it finishes at approximately 11.30pm . The manager of the complex could improve his customer service skills as when we arrived we requested a change of room, to an upper floor apartment, which had been requested upon our booking in December 2012. He advised us that he could not meet our request at this moment in time, which was reasonable, but he would consider it as apartments became available during our stay. During our two week stay he never contacted us to update or feedback to us, on alternative room availability and we did not feel it was our place to contact him.
On a personal note the wine selection was very limited and may not be to everybodys taste at the bar,
Although I have to say the food provided at the bar b que was excellent Vangelis did an excellent job and I would highly recommend this event.
If you have mobility issues, I would not recommend these apartments as there are numerous steps and hills within the complex.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the main pool if you want a quiet vacation
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Marni_Village, Front Office Manager at Marni Village, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear guests,

i am happy that you generally enjoyed your stay in our hotel despite the fact that your request could not be met. You had a request made at your reservation for a balcony, but as you understand it is not always possible to meet all requests, especially when the hotel is fully booked. Further to our conversation this morning at our reception area, during your departure, I would like to repeat that I have never promised a room change, I have not forgotten your request and I did try to find a solution for you without any success. I did informed you on arrival that we have also other guests, who have booked earlier than you, requesting top floor apartments without being able to meet their requests either; the same guests also requested to me to change room and they had priority to get one but I could not arrange one even for them the following two weeks of their stay since all top floor one bedroom apartments, which became free, were already promised or arranged in such way so that i could not make any change to the whole booking position plan.

About your customer service comment, as I have clarified you on your arrival I would be able to check the forthcoming bookings and the apartments being free the following days and If I could find something for you I would let you know. Since I could not find a top floor apartment free for you I did not contact you, I don’t think that I should contact to let you know that there is nothing available for you; I might only contact you to let you know that I have a solution for you, I thought that was clear to you. Perhaps it was not.

In any case I believe that it was a misunderstanding and hopefully your next visit I will be able to meet all your requests.

Best regards
Dimitris Tsagarakis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Just returned from two weeks at Marni Village with our two 'grown-up' daughters. Stayed in Superior Suite by the top swimming pool - would have preferred a Superior Two-bedroom Apartment but these had all gone when I booked - so book early!!!!!.

Room was spotless and kept spotless throughout the two weeks - with regular linen change.

Loads of good restaurants within easy walking distance. Although local shops have only basics, so if you want to self-cater you probably need to go into Hersonisos main town.

Didn't try public transport as hired car for 8 days from Just Rentals which I booked in advance and was delivered to and collected from Marni Village. Have a small a car as you can get away with as the minor roads can be difficult to navigate especially in the villages. Marni Village was ideally located to get around the area - give Rethymnon, Lasithi Plateau, Sissi and Elounda a go.

I arranged my own transfers with HeraklionTAXI.com which was a mistake. Although they met us at the airport, they forgot to pick us up on the way back. We did get our flight after all (it took the taxi driver 15 minutes to do a 30 minute journey which was hair-raising - do they keep to any traffic laws in Crete or are they all optional???). Thanks to the Marni Village receptionist for sorting it out for us. Next time I would ask Marni to arrange the transfers.

Room Tip: Book direct and early. If you find it difficult to walk any distance, let them know as the apartmen...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Hello Nickos!! Thank you for looking after us, we had such a lovely time! Such a nice resort and had so much fun. Nickos is the best! Love the 4 irish girls from July! The pools are great, place is quiet and near Koulatafari village which is lovely. The staff at marni were so nice and helpful, Nikos kept us safe and we cant wait to come back! X

• Stayed July 2013
Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Just returned from 2 glorious weeks at Marni Village. This was our second visit. Staff are very friendly and extremely helpful, very quick to respond to any concerns, cannot fault them. Very clean with good facilities, lovely pools. Very good choice of restaurants both locally and in surrounding areas. Already looking at returning

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've just come back from a week here and it was fabulous. I went with my sister and friend and we had a great time. Apartments are some if the best I've stayed in, in Greece. Very clean and practical also, staff are lovely. Facilities are excellent, 3 very clean pools and beach bars. Also very close to lovely restaurants and bars. Not too far from the beach (10min walk) and there are loads of beach side restaurants too. Overall great time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Upminster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Me and my sister have not long been back from The Marni Village. It was my sisters 6th visit and my 2nd visit. We had a great time and will be returning back next year! The staff throughout Marni were very friendly and helpful. We would recommend the great entertainment! There is a great selection of restaurants in Koutoulafari also in Hersonnisos which is about a 20 minute walk. We are looking forward to returning again next year!!

Victoria & Paige from Essex

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Marni Village? Share your experiences!