Just arrived home from a very enjoyable week at Marni Village. We arrived late and were greeted by a very friendly receptionist who showed us to our room and we were still able to have a couple of drinks at the bar although no one else was there.
Our room was a studio which was clean and functional but small and next time we will spend extra for an upgrade.
There are 3 pools to choose from, the main/largest pool was very busy so we didnt bother with it and stayed at the smaller pools (top and bottom pools). the top pool is by far the best with spectacular mountain and sea views. Both have pool bars which are reasonably priced.
Koutouloufari is a short walk away, a beautiful Cretan town with traditional tavernas. Our favourite was David Vegera - a very popular restaurant and there is often a queue but well worth it.
We also walked to the other side of Koutouloufari where the Old Hersonissos town is with more lovely Tavernas and traditional Cretan entertainment and dancing happens in the main square. Our favourite here was Georgios Place. Delicious home cooked food and great hospitality received here!
A 10 minute walk from here is the town of Hersonissos with bars and music etc if you want something more lively, we spent one night in nearby Malia (a 15euro taxi ride away) which is even livelier still!
All in all a very relaxing holiday and plenty on offer to entertain all ages.
We hope to return again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, HostelBookers, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece