My husband and I, along with my mum stayed at the Marni Village for the second time in 4 years and I am sure we will return as we had such a fabulous time in our favourite Greek village and will return in the future.
We asked for a room near the bottom pool as my mum prefers not to have to climb the steep hill every day and we weren't disappointed with the apartment we were given.
The apartments were, like on our previous visit, very clean and had enough kitchen equipment and space for a party of four (not that we did any cooking).
We had one or two meals at the snack bar at the main pool area and this was typical snack bar fayre and not overpriced.
Our favourite spot was beside the bottom pool and there is a small bar by this which opens between 12 and 6 each day in September (Greek time).
We loved the reception area which had a little library in it and swapped a couple of books there too and the staff were always very friendly and helpful.
We have stayed in Koutouloufari three times so far and in Hersonissos once (never to be repeated, although there are one or two good shops down there if you like 'good' Greek souvenirs and not just the usual tourist tat).
During our stay, we went to our favourite restaurants, Ariadne (excellent as usual), Oniro, (not as good as usual), Mezes (a new favourite) and too many others to mention. We avoided our least favourite from a previous visit, Galini as we thought it was over priced previously (and still looks it from the menu outside) and a little too pretentious for us.
We love the bars in the village too, especially Fabrica, Vinnies Roof Garden (great decor and atmosphere) and the Sports Bar (nearest to our apartment) and a new favourite The Alchemist (where they really do serve the best Mojito in Crete).
We never did any trips, as we have been to Crete previously and have seen most of the sites that we would be interested in, but we did walk along to Old Hersonnisos via Piskopiano a couple of times and walked down to Hersonissos to check out the shops, but mostly for a bit of exercise.
All in all we had a great relaxing holiday and would highly recommend these apartments to anyone and can't wait for our next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and HostelBookers so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece