Booked a stay at the Marni Village after reading many, many good reviews. We were not disappointed. On arrival, we received great service from the front desk staff. We were given all kinds of information about the hotel and possible excursions available. Everyone there was very friendly.
We stayed in a junior suite in the new area. It was very nice and spacious. Also, very clean. Only problem was the shower leaking water on the floor but that happens in almost every hotel I stay at in Europe. There was a charge for air conditioning but we never used it because it was very cool at night and our room always stayed cool. We had an amazing view overlooking the resort and the ocean. Great room overall.
Can't say anything about the pools because we didn't use them. However, they looked nice enough and clean.
We ate at the pool bar twice. Once was for an evening snack, which was fine. The other was for breakfast, which was very good and offered good choice.
We booked massages on our first day. We both had a full body massage, which was very good. The only downside is that they just take you into the washroom area in the main lobby area and lock the door. Then they have the table set up there. And you could hear the music from the lobby blaring over the "relaxing" music they were trying to play for the massage. The actual massage was good but the atmosphere was terrible. They need to get a real massage room set up.
The location of the Marni Village was great. Close enough to walk into Hersonissos if you don't mind climbing back up the hill. There are some great restaurants and shops in town. Also, it's a great area for exploring the rest of the island if you have a car. The best part of our stay though, was the price. Only 35 euros a night! You can't get youth hostels for that cheap in most European cities. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on a beautiful, quiet and elevated position, just 150m from the traditional, picturesque Cretan village "Koutouloufari", MARNI VILLAGE enjoys splendid panoramic view of the resort area of Hersonissos bay. A perfect place for relaxing holidays, enjoying sunshine and hospitality on the Island of Crete.The whole complex is situated in an area of approximately 24,000 square meters, among 10,000 square meters of well-kept gardens with trees, flowers and bushes. Experienced and friendly personnel will always be there for you to make your vacations more comfortable and make you feel like home.MARNI VILLAGE wishes to combine on one side, a timeless, calming, nature environment overlooking the gathering crowd in the busy area of Hersonissos, and on the other side the entertaining part of Hersonissos with its exciting nightlife, plenty sandy beaches and the old harbour (about 1km away). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Marni Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marni Village Hotel Chersonisos
- Marni Village Hersonissos
- Marni Village Hotel Hersonissos
- Marni Village Crete, Greece