“Excellent Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 185 Hotels in Hersonissos
Dunbar, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Had a fantastic stay at the start of June with my boyfriend. The resort is lovely with beautiful gardens and is very spacious. Our room was great and had a lovely view of the sea with lots of palm trees. The room was always cleaned to a high standard and the bed was comfy which was a plus. We both really enjoyed the food, and there was a fantastic choice with lovely fresh salads, show cooking and a good variety of food. The animation team were brilliant and were always having great fun doing some of their interesting shows, they loved picking on my boyfriend for participation but he loved it too, they even went out of their way to help when I was stung by a bee and took me away to sort it. I need to give a special mention to irinna on the bar by the beach, she was a credit to the hotel and would work so hard all day. She was always very chatty and would remember us every time we spoke to her.

My only faults about the hotel would be that after arriving at 10pm the restaurant had just shut and unlike any other hotel i've been too they didn't leave us any food so we didn't get any food till the next morning.
We also had problems at the end of the holiday with getting a sun bed as the hotel seemed to fill up very quickly. We did witness an argument between people about reserving sunbeds which is a shame when people don't respect the no reserving rule.

The hotel is quite far out but we walked to the closest town a few times. The walk is lovely and there are some stunning wee beaches along the way. We spend a few days on these beaches and swam in the calm, crystal clear waters which was really lovely.

I would defiantly return to this hotel in the future and will be recommending to friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Polish first
Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Staff lovely and always helpful, Rooms spotlessly clean and spacious, Dining Room large with a choice of where you would like to sit, Food excellent and plenty of it, such a variety hard to know what to choose. The grounds of the hotel very pretty and constantly being cleaned not a spot of rubbish anywhere, my 10 year old grandson joined the kids club, and had a really great time and made lots of friends, All five of our family and friends agreed it is one of the best hotels we have been to and all of us wish to return for another holiday. We all recommend this hotel and suggest you give it a try, you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near main hotel, not so many steps then.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Northants
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Just returned from 10 day stay at this hotel. The place is immaculate and in a lovely garden settings. The staff were brilliant and a special mention to Yvonne and Pakalis (not sure if this is how you spell it) in the Piano Bar who are worthy of a comedy double act award. They worked so well together and were great fun. Food was good and plentiful. I do however note that other people had the same issues we had with the reservation of sunbeds despite signs asking you not to do this. Unfortunately we had to join them otherwise we would not have got a sunbed as there appeared to be a distinct shortage of sun beds especially around the lovely quiet top pool. However certain nationalities had the same sun beds every day !!!!!! us Brits did see the funnyside of this however and took it in our stride. We had a first floor room 212 and it was lovely the balcony was adorned with flowers and we could see the sea and despite being near the entertainment section we got an excellent nights sleep in the giant bed each night. Plus side in the room was free safe, tele, fridge and air con. Downside - no tea and coffee facilities which I would have expected from a 4Star plus hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to sun bathe as all other facilities are some trek away. There are some lovely walks but the bus service is just one bus per day to the local town. You can walk this in about 40 mins and a taxi will cost you 7 euros, worth it if you want some nice shops, bars and some life. A few nice bars within 15 mins walk ie Big Blue and Golden Charm Cocktail Bar, if you do like to escape from the All Inclusive life for an evening. There are some lovely coves on the walk to Hersonissos, so take your towels and a lovely promenade walking the other way to Anissaris. One last note is the Internet is useless even if you pay for it. The bars mentioned above have free fast wifi. Lots of steps on site but I still managed to put lots of weight on from the lovely food and drink !!!! Just remember that other nationalities are not quite as tolerant as us Brits so dont let them bully you or the staff.

Room Tip: first floor rooms have lovely private balconies. Ground floor rooms have terraces. We were in room...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

Everything was wonderful, the staff, the cleanliness, the food, the facilities, I would definitely recommend it to family and friends. We have just returned from a week with our girls (19 and 21)and loved every minute of the holiday. The only issue is, as with all hotels, there seems to be a group of people who do the pre-breakfast visit to the pool areas to place their towels on the sunbeds and then do not re-appear for most of the day. Its not the hotel at fault, there are signs asking people not to do it but there are obviously a few thoughtless guests who choose to ignore the kind request. If I were the sort of person to re-visit a hotel, I would have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: The room we had was lovely, clean, and with a very nice bathroom but on our day of departure we aske...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
N.Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Stayed here for the first time with my two daughters aged 7 & 11.

First time that I had been abroad without the hubby and was slightly apprehensive.
I need not have worried as all the staff we kind helpful and thoroughly amazing. I felt that nothing was too much trouble and were made to feel part of the Annabelle family.

The rooms apartments were clean and had everything you needed for your stay including safety deposit box, fridge and TV. Not that we watched the TV as there always so much to do. Beach towels are available at no extra cost so no need to bring them. You can even have them changed daily should you wish.

The entertainment team were a group of highly enthusiastic people whose Main intention was to keep you happy without being pushy. There was an excellent set up regarding kids clubs if that's what interested you from children as young as 4 for up to 5 hours a day.

My youngest daughter went and was more than happy she was so close to the staff that she was crying when we had to go home.

Food offered a good choice for all and even the children were suitably satisfied everyday. Usual array of drinks available from one of the many bars.

We tended to stay around the pool bar and was looked after by the beautiful Athena who took time to talk and made you feel part of the goings on at Annabelle.

I loved the fact that the manager Theo was also around and about the resort on a daily basis and took time to say hello and was indeed very approachable.

Location, was a little way out the nearest town but that made life more idyllic. There is a bus that runs into the town and taxis available also for just 7 euros.

Not very often I say this but I cannot wait to return.

Keep up the good work guys and hope to see you all in 2015

Claire Newman

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
north wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Went for a week,s break with friends just before whit week.good time to go as it was a little less busy.hotel in good condition, grounds very attractive,room was of a good standard, with a great shower and comfy clean beds.we were all inclusive, which we thought, despite some restrictions,that we had value for our money. Staff overall were very good, some better than others.irinna at the pool bar worked hard but was on the ball with our three piña coladas at 11a.m every day!staff at the lobby bar also very pleasant, despite a few rude guests.yvonne handles the difficult ones with charm but firmly!we took a taxi to hersonnissos, lots of shops for typical souvenirs.tip:if u need medicines which usually need prescription, u can buy them in the pharmacies.we found this out to one of our parties cost.hotel doc charged50euro for diabetic meds script, when she could have paid just 3euro over the counter.animation team were good and hard working but entertainment was to be honest dire. Beach was small shale stoes and sea had large rocks and was , on some days, quite rough, but I braved it and it was lovely.only one complaint and it is that in the top pool, young men drinking out of glassware, whilst actually in the pool...dangerous I thought so maybe introduce plastic only at the swim up bar.tiles around grounds are very slippery when wet so take care there.food...I have been to a lot of all inc hotels, the Riu chain being one of the best.this hotel was good, breakfast was plentiful, a good selection of nice but not outstanding like Riu hotels.would not like the set up in high season as I think they may struggle to keep up with demand, I don't know.to summarise..would I go back? Yes, but only in the quieter times before or at the end of the season.

Room Tip: Alexander block god for pool area
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

4 adults, 1 child and not one complaint. We all loved it. The food was great and a good choice for us all. Pools to suit all ages. Kids club and entertainment was faultless. There were quite a few steps but after all the food exercise was needed. Maria on reception was amazing and nothing was to much trouble. Couldn't fault the cleanliness of everywhere in the hotel. We were lucky with the weather. The trip to Knossos is worth going on but more for adults. Don't go it's my little secret. I will be going back as often as I can.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to AKS Annabelle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!