“Ying and yang...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Moto Xperience

Moto Xperience
Evropis Street | Koutouloufari and Hersonissos, Hersonissos, Crete 70014, Greece
+30 2897 021114
Website
Improve this listing
Leeds, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Ying and yang...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We initially went to MotoXperience because of the good reviews we found on Trip Advisor (as you do!).

We were picked up in Hersonossis town, as the rental place is quite a bit away from the main strip. We arrived at the rental area and had a look around, and decided we wanted two quads for a week, with one day on a buggy. The cost of this, plus the insurance was £320, and an extra £35 for the buggy. The insurance is optional, though it is pretty much said that if you don't have it, and have an accident, then you pay for the damage, which is fair enough. The guy who "sold" the quads to us, was fairly reasonable. I think his name may have been Alex. He was very chatty and asked about our holiday.

So, we agreed to go ahead with the bikes, paid the money and picked our helmets. I'm not stupid, so I was careful to wear my helmet at all times and stick to the roads. I don't want a cracked skull or broken arm on my holiday, thank you!

The quads were good, and a nice way to get around the island. We went for two 80cc bikes, one each. You can go about 10km each direction, and no further really as the bikes arent powerful enough. It was good for going to the beach, to shops and to some of the mountainous places, such as Mochos.

We took the bikes out on the Sunday, and on the Tuesday or Wednesday we decided to go back for the buggy. As soon as we got off the bikes, a bald guy (I think he is the husband of the husband and wife duo who jointly own the business) was straight on our case, shouting at us like children "you've been off road, we told you not to go off road!!, being completely unreasonable. The fact is, we HAD NOT been off road. If we had, I would admit it. We explained that the beach car parks, and aquarium car park were very dusty, but I wouldn't consider a car park "off road".

Eventually after much ridiculing, we got the buggy.

The buggy was a great ride out, and my boyfriend enjoyed driving it immensely. Admittedly I was not so keen, I got a sore bum and very windswept!! It was a good way to ride to spinalonga though. The day after, we took the buggy back to swap for the quads. It was the same bald guy and he literally threw the quad keys at us. No smile or the Greek welcomeness I was familiar with.

We had the quads for a further 3 days, and again enjoyed them. My boyfriends quad was a little newer and faster than mine, and it did stall a few times, but I can't complain because I never said anything to the staff.

When we took the quads back my boyfriend was again ridiculed by "the bald guy" because of the helmet. He said in a very accusing manner, "was it like this when you got it?" it was very worn like it had been tied to the back of a bike or quad. We said yes it was. He literally took our keys and basically shoved us out.

It was a shame we had this experience, because the first guy was nice, but I like to feel comfortable somewhere, not worried about taking something back when we looked after them so well.

I suggest the bald guy at MotoXperience gets some manners, then perhaps we would rent from here again.

Sarah B, Owner at Moto Xperience, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear customers, we appreciate your time in reviewing our company. We do need to explain that most of the accidents caused by those renting quads are due to off road use [ classified as any unsurfaced road such as sand, gravel and so on ]. Loose surface is very slippery and potentially dangerous. Insurance companies are very strict about damages caused to rental vehicles and we are therefore sometimes overly cautious and strict with customers. Your quads were very dusty when you returned to the shop, however we do realise that you were genuinely careful with our vehicles and did not deserve the treatment you received. We apologise for making you feel uncomfortable and hope in the future we'll get an opportunity to provide you with better service. Kind regards from 'the bald guy'.

Horsham, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Great Service, great vehicles”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

We spent ages looking for a quad bike in Hersanisoss & were baffled by the different 'offers' lots of companies were offering 'good deals' on the face of it but when you looked deeper at the insurances & excesses you were expected to pay they were astronomical.
At this Moto Xperience they spoke great English (the wife is English) they explain all the different types of insutrances and costs involved (no excess), the vehicles ar all very new and in good condition and well maintained. Whwn we were out & about we saw loads of hire bikes with bald tyres and totally battered - not so with Moto Xperience.

I would Definately hire from them again if ever I went back to Piscapiano - can thoroughly recommend them.

Sarah B, Owner at Moto Xperience, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear customer, thank you for taking the time to review our company and services. We try to provide clear, detailed information to customers and work hard to maintain high standards of safety and presentation of our vehicles, so it is great to hear positive feedback and confirmation that we are doing a good job. We hope to see you again!
Haifa, Hefa, Israel
6 attraction reviews
“Getting there is a bad choice !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We went to check for prices as all people do when they get to a new place (check the market) asking for the insurances they give to be sure that my kinds are covered and the man (not the gentleman) seatiing over the desk was very rude, difficult to get extra information as a salesman usually does, short of words. Few times we passed over the shop and it was empty while the others were with people in and out..There are nicer places and people that give you all the information you need and have the same stock.

Sarah B, Owner at Moto Xperience, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Sir, we appreciate your time in reviewing Hersonissos and surroundings however we do not have any record of you being one of our customers. Having never used our services or experienced our vehicles, your comments seem unreasonable and pointless. Maybe in the future, you will hire one of our vehicles and gain the ability to right an informed and fair review.
middlesbrough
“Quad rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We rented a quad for week good value well maintained bikes will use again.very helpfully friendly staff.

Visited August 2013
Sarah B, Owner at Moto Xperience, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your review and your positive comments. We look forward to you next visit. :-)
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
“Quality, Service, Attitude!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Julius Bodi - good luck to you and greetings from Russia!!
Guys, if go there, be sure - your money are worth being spent there!

Visited July 2013
Sarah B, Owner at Moto Xperience, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and recommendation to potential customers. We appreciate your time and hope to meet you again! Spasiba! :-)