We stayed at this hotel from 8th of June until 15th of June and we had a lovely vacation due to the general ambiance of relaxation in the hotel (the thematic nights were really interesting), the profesionalism of the staff (always helpful and smiling), the cleanness of the room (and of the hotel in general) and the location of the hotel (100metres from the beach and also close to the city centre).
Our vacation package included accomodation in a standard room,but we could upgrade it to superior room. As we were always sightseeing and not staying so much in the room, we decided not to upgrade it, but for the last night and last day of our stay, we had the opportunity to stay in a superior room with a sea view, which was really great (large, modern,nice sea view), as we benefited a promotion from the hotel.
The food was diversified and very good both for breakfast (cheese,salami,bacon,milk, youghurt, cereals, fried/boiled eggs,hot pancakes, tea, coffee, fruit juices,fruit compote etc.), as well as for dinner(all kinds of steaks-roast beef, turkey, chicken, pork-, grilled fish,souvlaki,boiled vegetables,salads,fresh fruits,sweets etc.). Another good thing was that when we left the hotel (for a trip) early in the morning and returned late in the evening, we had an early breakfast (which could be programmed at any hour you needed) and also received a voucher which switched the dinner (we missed) to a lunch for any of the subsequent days (our vacation package included half-board).
The minuses were:
1. the standard room (that we were given first), although it is was very clean and not noisy,it looked like a 2 star hotel room with old furniture and a small bathroom
2. the internet charge was 3EUR/hour :(
Overall, this hotel offers a great value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albatros Hotel is situated only 25 kilometres from Heraklion International Airport in the town of Hersonissos, a place which attracts thousands of visitors every summer. This family-owned and run resort hotel offers high quality standards in combination with traditional Cretan hospitality and a friendly atmosphere. The hotel is ideal both for leisure and business travelers. Located away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of the town, only a stone's throw from a long sandy beach with crystal clear water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Albatros Spa & Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albatros Spa And Resort Hotel
- Albatros Hotel Chersonisos
- Albatros Hotel Hersonissos
- Albatros Spa & Resort Hotel Crete, Greece