I have just spent a week at this hotel and, even though it closes on 26th October, it was still about 80% full. The staff are exceptionally helpful (Alex at Reception comes to mind) There are two pools and two bars, drinks are free until 2330. The only drinks not on the all-inclusive tariff are certain cocktails.
The food is fine and there is variety, day by day. The dining room staff are on top of the job, clearing and laying tables. At breakfast the bacon is not what we are used to but everything else is fine; four different sorts of eggs, boiled, poached, fried and omelette. Plenty of breads and cakes, fruit, yoghurt, jam and honey.
Every room has a modem and Ethernet cable to use one’s own computer; the free wi-fi is seriously slow and really only worthwhile for email and won’t handle attachments or news and weather sites.
Some people with mobility difficulties might have difficulties as, although there are ramps everywhere and ground floor rooms, the site overall is on the steep side
Rooms are large, all with a/c, sheets and towels changed daily, only one armchair, a small balcony with a table and 2 chairs, and a safe. Note that there is no socket in the bathroom for charging electric razors and the 2 pin sockets in the rooms do not accept razor chargers. As a not brand new hotel one is stuck with the business of no paper down the toilets, which seems a bit mucky to some.
I found the loud piped music in the main bar area intrusive and inappropriate - thrashy drumming and singing by a woman apparently sitting on a sharp stick!.
For flights including luggage, transfers and 7 nights inclusive you will be pushed to find a better hotel in Crete for £200 a week!
Plenty of local souvenir shops and supermarkets, more car and quad bike hire than you can imagine. Cars range from cheap and cheerful Hyundai, through Peugeot, Renault, Toyotas and VW to an Aston Martin Convertible! I paid £52 for 3 days of a Hyundais ATOZ. Overall speed limit is 90 kph, petrol is €1.80 a litre and diesel is € 1.55. If you go inland petrol stations can be few and far between.
I would be very happy to return and recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a keen price, acceptable food and drink and amiable helpful staff
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At a distance of just half an hour from the Heraklion,at the outsckirts of Hersonissos Silva Beach Hotel operates as an all-inclusive resort hotel, where one can choose from a plethora of activities or if otherwise inclined just relax on the beach or around the pool. The Hotel was renovated during winter 2010. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, HostelBookers, Despegar.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Silva Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Chersonisos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hersonissos
- Aquis Silva Beach Hotel Hersonissos
- Silva Maris
- Silva Beach Crete, Greece