Stayed in the Bungalows from 1st Oct to 11th. No. 559. We went with Thomas Cook All Inclusive. Had a beautiful sea view and the gardens below had a pomegranate tree and other beautiful plants and trees.
This is by far one of the most special places we have stayed. The complex has a "magical" feel about it and has an exquisite layout. The Bungalow we stayed in wasn't upgraded yet BUT we found it quaint. It made us feel we were living in a greek village. Plenty room for the 2 of us. We could nit pick like others do BUT we WILL definitely be back! The room had 2 beds pushed together. BEST sleep anywhere I have had. Extra pillows in wardrobe. Safe in room. (FREE)Room also has kettle and tea coffee sachets left everyday. The beds changed every 2 days. Soap, shampoo, shower gel and body lotion topped up whenever you need it. Beach towels left in bathroom on arrival. These can be changed between 4pm & 6pm at main pool everyday. We spent a lot of time round by the Steki bar pool. Most of the time very peaceful and Poppi at the Steki bar is SO amazing. What a asset to the Creta Maris. Always a smiling and so pleasant! There's a little hidden gem round by the bungalows on the rocks with sun loungers. The most stunning views and a nice gentle breeze blowing if too hot.
Now the main restaurant in the Creta has something for everyone. I am a bit fussy but I certainly found something delicious to eat all the time. White, Rose & Red Wine on tap to help yourself. Peach orange and apple juice on tap too! The staff are all amazing in there but KATIRINA & ELENI are 2 of the most nicest, pleasant and amazing staff we met in the complex. We just hope The management know they have an amazing group of people working for them. Thanks girls! ;-)
We ate late lunch in the restaurant by the main pool. Yet again we could not fault ANYTHING. Pasta in there is outstanding. And staff are great.
Toilets around pool areas and in hotel are always clean.
The Romantic bar is a great place. Inside amd outside seating. Drinks with tye A.I. are fine. I'm a vodka drinker and there local TROPHY vodka was great. Also the brandy was fine as well. Cocktails ok and they have Baileys. Bar staff are a bit rushed at times but always pleasant.
A la carte Italian up at the Terra was so nice. The dessert table is the best I've ever seen.
We had a late flight. Check out was 1200. You can leave your cases next to reception. They let you carry on with your All Inclusive until it's that sad time to leave. Downstairs there's a late departure room with shower facilities. Towels shower gel amd lockers. Great idea.
Yes there were a few conferences on but they never bother anybody like some people moan about.
All in all it is definitely a must for us to return. 100% effort and thank you!
Lastly we took advantage of the Thomas Cook Fast Track for the return flight. €37 each. Worth EVERY single €. The airport is RAMMED. Never seen anything like it. For your €'s you are taken to the front of the queue at all points and then taken to a small peaceful relaxing lounge. And when your flight is ready you are taken downstairs and yet again taken to the front of the Queue and there is little or no stress apart from the few stares as u are treated like a V.I.P. A huge thanks to Stacey. Rep for Thomas Cook. An great ambassador for Thomas Cook.
We SO look forward to returning here again and again!!! 100% relaxing holiday. Thank you all at Creta Maris. Xxx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel in general: Creta Maris Beach Resort in Crete, just 24 km from the Heraklion International Airport is close to the fishing village of Hersonissos, a long sweeping bay of sandy beach and crystal clear water. Creta Maris, a small village with quaint twisting paths, small piazzas filled with the scents and colors of a wide variety of trees and flowers, is a unique combination of Aegean Architecture, Cretan hospitality, green oriented environment, and high quality All Inclusive services. At Creta Maris, the choices for fun, entertainment, sport activities, but also relaxation, exercising and beauty are endless. Hotel location: Directions from Heraklion Airport to Creta Maris: From the exit of the airport follow the national road with direction to Agios Nikolaos. Go straight ahead for about 20km. Turn right in the exit to Kastelli and then turn left for Hersonissos. Go straight ahead for 2 km and turn right for Hersonissos village (old road). At the time you arrive in Hersonissos (after 2km) you will see at the left side a medical center. Turn left there and at the first crossroad turn left. Go straight ahead for about 500m and you will see Creta Maris in your right side. Directions from Heraklion Port to Creta Maris: From the exit of the port turn left in the traffic lights. After 500m turn right and go straight ahead. After 300m turn right to the national road with direction to Agios Nikolaos. Go straight ahead for about 20km. Turn right in the exit to Kastelli and then turn left for Hersonissos. Go straight ahead for 2 km and turn right for Hersonissos village (old road). At the time you arrive in Hersonissos you will see at the left side a medical center. Turn left there and at the first crossroad turn left. Go straight for about 500m and you will see Creta Maris in your right side.. Service at the hotel: Luxury Guest Services Crete Hotels - Creta Maris Hotel Crete At Creta Maris, the choices for every hour of the day are endless and cover every need. Besides the athletic and entertainment activities, the restaurants and bars, you also have at your disposal spacious lounges to relax, shops, blooming gardens for a little stroll, bridge corners, TV, hair salon, medical room, business center, Internet services, car rental, foreign exchange, theatre, church, and helipad. You can also enjoy relaxation and well-being at the Hammam Spa where the main object is to make you feel better than ever before. Gastronomy in the hotel: Restaurants In the 6 restaurants to be found on the premises of Creta Maris Beach Resort, traditional cuisine meets up with "guest cuisines" and offers wonderful gastronomical delights. Most ingredients are supplied by local producers. Sports, entertainment and pool in the hotel: Activities Creta Maris is a paradise for the active and for those who love sports. There is something for everyone. Swimming in the sea or at one of the swimming pools, tennis courts, football pitch, archery, mini golf, beach volley, water-sports, table tennis. The more daring can rent mountain bikes or have a game of golf at the Crete Golf Club, which will satisfy even the more discerning players. Hotel room/Accommodation: Many different room categories within the two main buildings, Maris & Terra buildings and the bungalows, can accommodate approximately 2000 clients. All rooms are equipped with all necessary comforts and offer either a garden or veranda. Creta Maris has 680 rooms including rooms with different view, suites, and bungalows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com and Orbitz so you can book your Creta Maris Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Creta Maris Convention & Golf Hotel Chersonisos
- Creta Maris Convention And Golf Resort
- Creta Maris Convention Hotel
- Creta Maris Hotel
- Creta Maris Convention Hersonissos
- Hotel Creta Maris
- Creta Maris Beach Resort Crete, Greece