“Back Home...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 16 things to do in Kalimpong
Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
“Back Home...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Being back to my old School is always great,the last time i visited was in the year 2000, this time my wife was along with me. I showed her my old hostel's my old bunks where i spent the most beautiful days of my life..
Nothing has change and nothing will ever....
Long live DGH!!!

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“Soothing Start to the Journey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was starting point of our Sikkim vacation and first thing we visited was this charming location.

Early morning, bit chilly-windy weather and invigorated mood (in anticipation of exciting tour ahead) brought us to the gates of Dr. Graham's Home. We started walking up towards the structures, first came colonial kindergarten, then playgrounds, school buildings and offices, all of them having such peculiar appeal that for a moment I forgot I was in 21st century and lost in the mixed worlds of my european experience plus childhood school memories.

The cathedral on a elevated grounds next to this school, in the same premise, had same scent of colonial catch with side facades, even after being decayed, keeping alive the glow of its grandeur structure.

Added fun to this wonderful experience was the presence of few local girl students, probably having their vacation courses, and their chirpy giggles while looking at the lone tourists at that time of the day - that is us.

Recommended for all, especially to families.

Chennai (Madras), India
87 attraction reviews
“Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Dr. Graham’s Homes, in the 21st century, is a modern boarding and day school that provides quality education to over 1400 students. The School caters to children from Nursery to Class Xll and is affiliated to the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination. It is also a member of the Anglo-Indian Schools Association.
The staff and management team of Dr. Graham’s Homes place great importance on academic achievement of all the students as well as on their wholesome and all round growth and development. The teaching body has a wide range of academic qualifications and this is reflected in the curriculum on offer. All subjects are taught in English and students are expected to speak English at all times whilst on the campus. This provides them with an opportunity to become fluent even if their first language is not English. The school attracts students from all over India, Bangladesh, Thailand and Bhutan as well as other countries in Asia and Europe. There is a truly international feel about the place which helps to develop a real pride in learning.

Visited August 2012
Visakhapatnam, India
17 attraction reviews
“True beauty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We viewed the school grounds from within the gates but outside the campus and were truly impressed. It is rare to find a school constructed within so much beauty, and I hope the students cherish their time in this special property. We passed by various sections outside, such as the hospital, playground, classes, and found something that is not seen in mainland india - employees / doctors / nurses / teachers actually working with dedication. Like most of north east india, cleanliness is top priority. My blessings and prayers with this school that holds a special image in my heart.

Perth, Australia
“CChildren”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We have been visiting and staying at DGH for the past 8 years. We have the great priviledge of sponsoring 4 children at the school and enjoy our annual visit. please try and visit Lucia King where the small children stay, it is a joy!

Visited April 2013