“Great Place to Stay in Puri” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Ethnic Village Resort, Puri 752002, India   |
Ranked #8 of 62 Hotels in Puri
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Great Place to Stay in Puri”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I would rate 4.5 out of 5 for this property, 0.5 for food which can be better. I stayed for 3 days and really treated like prince, most professional staff, very courteous, luxury at this price was justifiable... very spacious property good placed far from city... i had forest facing room which made my each morning memorable... they had private beach just 2 KMs from resort.. I my family felt specially treated as 4-5 good trained staff to look after you... virgin beach..very clean... Thanks Toshali for making my stay very comfortable.....

Room Tip: All are good try first floor onwards
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I have been visiting this property on business trip quite often however first time visited to spend an extended weekend with friends and family.
Quite a descent property with awesome scenic beauty with lots of greenery and plantation.
A perfect destination to relax after a stressful work schedule.
it's away from the typical hustle and bustle of puri.the beach is bit far off but they have all arrangements of vehicle,private life guards and necessary arrangements at the beach.
Food is good..i found alacarte food tastier and better than the buffet spread.
staffs were very cordial right from the front office to room service etc.
few of the rooms had some maintenance issue however over all quite spacious And good.
they have an awesome well maintained swimming pool and children park.
overall it is a nice place to stay and relax.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had stayed at toshali sands with my family in the month of March. We had a nice comfortable stay at toshali sands. The rooms were spacious. The hospitality of the entire team of toshali sands was excellent. The food was also up to the mark. They had made special arrangements for the festival of holi . The kids had a gala time at the children's play area and the swimming pool. They have a clean private beach with one of the most amazing life guard I had ever come across. We stayed there for 3 days. They made nice arrangements for the temple darshan. Thank you the entire team of toshali sands for making our holiday one of the most memorable one.

• Stayed March 2015
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I travelled to puri in the month of December we booked a cottage for our family and i would say it was an amazing decision. I would say one of my best stay till date..greenery all over beautiful flowers clean and well maintained pool and mouth watering menu in buffet... simply loved it. The live music at the dinner time added bonus,,
All facilities inside be it parlour games room spa with their private beach nearby witha life guard all added to its glory.. we took the services of the reosrt for darshan at temple and all local siteseeing...the entire trip was well managed and handled

Thanks a ton again for the wonderful stay..!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Ghatsila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed at Toshali Sands on the night of Friday, 20 March 2015, and Saturday, 21 march 2015. I was a guest there at a wedding that was held at this resort.

Toshali Sands is a good 8-9 km away from Puri town. I have been to Puri before, but I have stayed at hotels on the beach in Puri town. This was the first time I stayed at a resort far away from Puri town. I travelled to Puri from Howrah by the Dhauli Express, and the resort people had sent a vehicle to receive me at the Puri Jn. railway station. I had already informed my hosts of my train, who, in turn, had informed the staff at Toshali Sands. Soon after the Dhauli Express pulled out of Bhubaneswar railway station, I received an SMS as well as a phone call from Toshali Sands informing me that the resort vehicle would be waiting for me outside Puri Jn. I appreciated this, as it made me feel that the staff at Toshali Sands were actually tracking my train and that was the reason they were able to inform me of the vehicle soon after my train pulled out of Bhubaneswar.

At the reception, the staff was very courteous. I was given a cottage, which was very lovely, very comfortable. Like always, I checked my bed and the bathroom. The bed was clean and comfortable. The bathroom was clean. Toshali Sands is a huge property.. Beautiful, well-maintained. There are lawns and gardens, a swimming pool (though I didn't swim, of course), ayurvedic massages, and a Sudarshan Pattnaik sand sculpture at the entrance. In fact, I felt that Toshali Sands itself is like a tourist spot.

The food was good. The staff was very helpful. I was having difficulty opening the door of my cottage with the card. Every time, I went to the reception to seek help; and each time they came to help, very sweetly. I left early in the morning of Sunday, 22 March 2015. I had to catch the Shatabdi Express from Puri Jn. to Howrah at 6 A.M. I had asked the staff to wake me up at 4:30 A.M. And though I woke up before 4:30 A.M., the staff still came to the cottage to wake me up at 4:30 A.M.

It was lovely! Though I did not get the time to go to the beach because of the hectic wedding, I enjoyed my stay at Toshali Sands. I had heard a lot of good things about Toshali Sands, and I am happy that I was able to experience it all.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Bangalore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2015

We booked here in 2013 and then due to cyclone has to cancel the trip. This was the only place which did not refund the booking money. So when we planned in Dec, we had to stay there. It took some efforts to negotiate and get some discount. I think the charges were still kind of high. Overall stay was nice - we got 2 rooms which were of different sizes.
Food was good as really enjoyed wide spread of breakfast buffet.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2015

nice clean hotel with a private beach, though a little far but hotel provides jeeps to and fro.

a little far from puri main beach, but nice if you want to be away from the hustle bustle.

rooms are nice. food can be better in terms of variety

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Toshali Sands? Share your experiences!