“"Excellent hospitality and location "” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Shubham Beach

You added The Shubham Beach to your Saves list
The Shubham Beach
2.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Chakratirtha Road | in front of Dalmia Atithi Vihar, Puri, India   |
Ranked #8 of 81 Puri B&B and Inns
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
“"Excellent hospitality and location "”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Puri was not in our plan....we asked around and got to know about Shubham Beach at the station....took this stop cos my friend was not feeling well...We checked in the hotel, and when the staff got to know that my friend is sick immediately turned into the most homeliest people ever....got us medicine and even asked if we needed a doctor..we stayed for 3 days...the room was spacious....breakfast lunch dinner all vegetarian were excellent...the cook even prepared some Khichdi for my friend....this hotel is very placed, with just minutes to the beach but still far from all the city noise....Ideal place for a tourist....oh and the terrace has amazing view :)

I will say that this place has amazing hospitality and all in all its a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Shimla, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised with my stay here. Wonderfully organised relation between quality and price and in my opinion, very well located. We arrived around 11am asking to leave our bags, but instead we were quickly checked in. The rooms are great - spacious and modern. There is a large and comfortable bed, a working area, and a large flat screen TV that can be angled for either bed or working area viewing. We've stayed in hotels in Puri earlier, none have been as great as this, So I think that speaks volumes.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

By seeing the reviews and picture online I had booked the stay at Shubham but I was disappointed after the visit . I must say rooms are spacious and clean as per the picture displayed online .But U can stay just with the rooms . The food service which is the adequate part was very poor. Whenever u ask anything in the menu there would be a big no . Breakfast is said to be included in tariff. But they say whatever is ready to eat is free and whatever u order separately is chargable . We found only one serviceboy throughout the two day stay and the turn aroung time was very much.. Overall I would rate it as 2 on a scale of 5 . The receptionist had no idea about anything avaialble there .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Good location, just 3-4 mins walk from the beach and the temple is about 10 mins drive.

The rooms were small but clean with fresh linens, blankets & towels. The bed was comfortable. There is a small study table and a spacious wardrobe. Near the washroom is a small sofa with center table. Just above is a AC which was working perfectly fine. The washroom was clean with hot water but the geyser needed frequent breaks for the water to heat up.

The hotel has a small dining space which can accommodate just about 15 ppl at a time. The food options are limited but very well prepared.

Suggestions:
1. Needs addition to the breakfast menu
2. Better quality geysers with higher water capacity.
3. Tea/Coffee maker in the room given the tariff charged.
4. The dining area capacity to be increased to accommodate more guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had book this hotel on Tripadvisor rating. I checked in and disappointed getting a such small rooms. But rooms are very clean and modern. However, the restaurant is purely vegetarian, though you have good non-veg restaurants near the hotel. The sea beach is only 3 mins walk and rooms and terrace have beautiful sea view.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I had booked this hotel based on Tripadvisor rating and review commnts. I checked in and I was disappointed getting a such small room. I was sure...I had become fool. But the next early morning I get up to watch sunrise.... I strated beleiving the Tripadvisor rating was not misleading indeed. The beach just 4 minutes waliking distance. Most importantly you can see Sunrise just from you bed. Now about the staffs: They are very very co-operative. I can't remmebre how many times I bugged them for my baby's food and water. In early morning, durng lunch time,evening and late in night. I had never seen any of them accepting my request without a smile. They were always ready help me. I really liked it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Our last trip to Puri was a hastily planned trip. I tried several well known hotels where I generally stay but none could help me with rooms. Finally I could manage rooms at the Shubham Beach at Chakratirtha Road,Puri. Though a bit expensive, but the rooms were quite spacious and modern.
The best part of the hotel was the warmth of the management and staff. Specially Mr. Patnaik helped us a lot. However, the restaurant is purely vegetarian, though you have good non-veg restaurants near the hotel. The sea beach is only 3 mins walk and rooms and terrace have beautiful sea view.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Shubham Beach? Share your experiences!