“Right place for a short trip with *FRIENDS*” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puri
Puri Hotel
You added Puri Hotel to your Saves list
Sea Beach, Puri 752001, India   |
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Puri
Ranchi, India
“Right place for a short trip with *FRIENDS*”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

i visited the hotel for a day to enjoy sea bath in puri and some sight seing. This is by far the cheapest and best place if you just want to stay there for a short time. and also offers good value for money.

Regarding food : ample restaurant in puri lot's are good. But this time we decided to go for wild grass as it is a trip advisor recommendation. But finally we had to wait 1hr 30 min for food to arrive and had lunch at 4:15.

So basically if a day's stay then you can opt for this. cheaper room but going with family is not at all advisable. And Mind it never ever have meal at WILD GRASS rather go for the restaurants at the beach. offers better and faster :-)

Room Tip: Take the beach facing room
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Noida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Puri Hotel is one of the worst hotel of Puri. Not only rooms and toilets are dirty, the receptionist and other staff do not have basic etiquette to talk to a customer. I recommend not to stay in this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

We have been at Puri Hotel for two nights during last October end. Prior to this, during my young days, I stayed once. The fame of the hotel is iconic but in all respects, service aspects have gone down miserably. We stayed in sea facing rooms, which were OK, not excellant. Toilets were not upto the mark, there waas no running hot water. Bed sheets and pillow covers were used ones. If you tip well, you get good service from the bearers. However, tthis is the only place where there is no room service during 2 to 4:30 PM since bearers have their own siesta. Quality of food have gone down considerably. Owing to some obscure reason, no AC room is sea facing. There is acute shortage of parking space to top it up.
During our younger days, this used to be the best hotel in Puri and staying there used to be a status symbol. But now, I feel, it is just living on its past goodwill.

Room Tip: Try to get a sea facing room on the fourth floor or higher floors, so as to avoid the high sound lev...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Puri hotel is the most disgusting hotel I ever stay in my travelling life. Poor room service, poor management, Poor front desk persons. The hotel is just running on his name, not for his values. I experienced a very bad stay at Puri Hotel. The most disgusting thing, I experienced that they even charge fees for boiling water for my baby at their kitchen. The bathrooms are not cleaned & hygienic. The water filters are cleaned only once at the time when purchased. Cards are not accepted there & no ATM facility is there. Bed sheets, Pillow Covers, Towels are not changed day by day but they will charge the service tax at every bill. Rooms boys are available just for carrying your gears just for the tips otherwise this is your responsibility to have water, have hot water, every thing. Simply Disgusting. We will never stay there again & suggest every one to avoid Puri Hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
guwahati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Stayed there with my family and near relatives last year In Rooms No 306, 307 and 311. The hotel is one of the best and well know destination of Puri. Location of the hotel is very good being located just across the sea beach and also very near the main Shopping Centre of Puri i.e. Swargadar. The Room where we stayed overlooked the Sea and were very breezy and bright. The constant sound of the sea waves makes for a very pleasant and relaxed stay. The Rooms overlooking the sea have balcony facing the sea and one can sit there and spent the night looking at the sea waves breaking on the shore on a moonlit night which can have a mesmerising effect.
The Food is however standard and not quite up to the mark. The cuisine does not have any variety. However, the presence of very good restaurants in the vicinity more then makes up for the same. The Bathrooms are also not very big and there is no provision of running hot water, though buckets of hot water are made available on request. The Bathrooms does not have proper ventilation and the same may cause some inconvenience.
The Staff are however very efficient and courteous and serve you with a smile. The staff managing the reception are however an all together a different story being arrogant to the point of being rude and you may have to put your foot down sometimes to have your say. The Hotel has its travel desk and can efficiently arrange sight seeing tours both local and in the neighbourhood area such as Konarak, Chilka etc.
The free and/or complementary pick up and drop off from the Railway station to the hotel and vice versa is an added advantage and attraction of the Hotel.

Room Tip: Room overlooking the sea are very bright and airy and the view of the sea from the balcony is someth...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Bhubaneswar, Orissa, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Puri hotel has one of the best location in Puri. Restaurant serves good food. Except these two everything else is a shame. It is great property but does not have a proper maintenance. Rooms are dirty . Bathrooms are smelly .Service is mediocre. Excellent location but management is a disaster.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Puri was the perfect weekend getaway from the city of Kolkata. We went on an extended weekend via the overnight train Puri Express and were back for work on Monday.

We didn't book ahead of time so it was a little bit scary, although the alternative of the booking not being honored or being stuck with a ratty hotel are just as bad. We ran into a lot of sold out locations on our way to the beach Friday morning, and when we were shown a top floor room facing the beach for a minimal price, I jumped for joy.

My wife was not as pleased with the choice. She saw it as the typical dirty Indian hotel. In fact she wouldn't take the room until the bathroom was cleaned satisfactorily. I was fine with the ocean residue, again because of its location. And the lack of AC and mosquitoes was fine because of the ocean breezes.

Like the title says, this hotel is situated where the main road hits the main beach. The boardwalk extends for kilometers from this location. North, one can find quieter, more luxurious beaches and foreigner accommodations, albeit with a poo river running through the middle of them going to the sea and the smaller beach.

The staff were quick to answer any calls. I was fine tipping them if I asked for an untypical service, but the sweeper/take-out-trash guy and the security guy wanting a tip for doing their jobs has a bit annoying. I feel we were given a decent room because of our skin color and many boardwalk goers were quick to take pictures when we hung out on our balcony, but I am sure there were plenty of less than stellar rooms to be found. Upon exiting on the day of departure, I tried to use one of the lobby bathrooms and found it flooded and foul smelling.

The 24 hour check-in/check-out option was a blessing since we arrived in the morning. Plus, they will hold your belongings while you enjoy your final day. I recommend renting a motorcycle/scooter to get around. I missed being able to ride mine in the states so it was a nice freedom release for me. We found them on the foreigner side. The drive to Konark was excellent!

Our favorite restaurants can be found right in the center of it all on VIP road. The Hotel Lee Gardens Chinese restaurant was the best and the Shakti International's spaceship design is worth a try. The outdoor Wildgrass bistro was on our list but we ran out of time.

When I go to the beach, I expect to hit the water and that is exactly what we did. The waves were idyllic, if only I could find a surfboard, body board, or even a blow up raft. But this is India where most of the public is fully clothed. There where some nice oddities, like camels and horses to ride, bulls hanging out with their harem and ice cream/food sold by the shore. If quiet is what you want, than this is not your place, with typical horns going all day long, and Bengalis going even longer. Once a lifeguard, I didn't mind the masses (less chances of a shark biting me), however I have never had so many random strangers give me a hug. Paradise....No, but yes compared with Kolkata. I know this was long but hopefully it was worth the read. It's my first in-depth review.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Puri Hotel? Share your experiences!