“Worst room in a hotel I ever stayed in !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Puri
Puri Hotel
You added Puri Hotel to your Saves list
Sea Beach, Puri 752001, India   |
Ranked #26 of 62 Hotels in Puri
Fort McMurray, Canada
“Worst room in a hotel I ever stayed in !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I stayed in this hotel in March, 2013. The only good thing about this hotel is the location (but there are many other hotels in the same location). Everything else was bad, bad, bad, despite the fact that I had asked for the best room, and was offered a 4 bedded airconditioned room, the tariff of which was just next to the highest one in this hotel. Characteristics of this seemingly "NO MAINTENANCE" hotel :
1) Dirty room
2) Stained linen
3) Dirty black pillow protruding out of the case (I cannot believe even the cheapest hotel would offer such a pillow to a guest)
4) Filthy, stinking bathroom
5) Airconditioner fitted just next to the bed at bed height (not where it should have been)
6) They advertise of having automatic lift. But the 4 storied building that houses the airconditioned rooms doesn't have any lift. My sister has problem with her knees, and she was compelled to climb up and down the stairs in pain against her physician's advice.
Let me be clear that although I didn't have a high expectation about this hotel, it undoubtedly failed to deliver even the bare minimum amenites and comfort that a guest would look for, and what this hotel is under obligation to provide.

Room Tip: Staying in the room supposed to be the best proved to be a very very disappointing experience. Hence...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

When I was a kid & went to Puri with my parents ,always used to see Puri hotel & liked it due to its excellent location & the typical Bengali ambience.
But when I had actually visited this month with my family(wife & kids) to give them a taste of Bengali hospitality' especially to my 7 yrs old daughter we were shell shocked at the appaling condition of the property. First of all our booking was for family room AC at 1800 plus taxes at the time of booking. After confirming five days prior check in ,the day we checked in we were 'informed' that the tariff has increased to 2300 plus taxes!!
The room ,especially the bathroom was plainly speaking filthy to the extreme. My kids refused to enter the bathroom.
The food was a disaster & overpriced.
Luckily I got accomodation in Holiday resort which was heaven compared to Puri hotel & only about 500 rs more.
It was pathetic to see a Bengali institution in this condition & felt sorry for Mr & Mrs Halder's dedication & commitment been followed up in this way.
Worst hotel I have ever visited!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Kolkata
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had been visiting Puri since my childhood and had been in Puri for more than 25 times. Me and my family always liked to stay in Puri hotel the main reason being the open front and the sitting area in front of the reception from where you can have a clear view of the Bay of Bengal. But of late what I have noticed is that this hotel has deteriorated the most that any establishment can. The people in the reception are terrible. Rooms are dirty, stinking and terribly bad. There is no maintenance at all. They do not honor advance booking and in spite of booking a AC room we were offered Non - AC rooms. They do not value their esteemed guests. I had to wait with my one year old son and 65 years old parents for nearly 2 hrs before they could clean a room and accommodate us. The restaurant probably serves the worst food in Puri. Sadly i still feel for this place as I had spent some great time here 20 years earlier when I was a child. Its very sad to see an old establishment like this going to ruins!

Room Tip: They do not honor bookings. So please confirm before reaching Puri if your room is ready and has bee...
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Fantastic location, one of the oldest hotel in Puri, but age has taken its toll! Rooms are not spacious, average maintained hotel, you can surely get a better hotel at the price. But where Puri Hotel stands out is the location, and the sea facing rooms - they are just the best in Puri.
My tips - if you have a short trip, and ready to do away with the luxuries - stay here! Definitely opt for the sea facing rooms in the new wing!

Room Tip: Opt for sea facing rooms
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

this was my seventh visit to Puri and third time stay to Puri Hotel. It is worth of your money regarding room tariff, double deluxe room with sea view @Rs950/-. U can spent the whole day there at the balcony seeing the sea and beauty of beach. However as the hotel is situated at the main road, it is noisy at night and only u can have good sleep between 12 to 4 am as the road is relatively quite then.
Rooms are good, service is excellent, same are the security and cleanliness. However the basin tap @room 404 is not working properly.
But the quality and quantity of food has been surprisingly deteriorated since our last visit @2010. It is not advised to take lunch and dinner here unless the hotel authority looks after the matter. Rather a restaurant named Dolphin near sargadwar (Opposite to old Kakatua, sweet shop) is far better to dine.
They have lots of staffs and most of them will be in front of you for tips when you are about to leave. Be care full about that.
Finally they have from and to free bus service for station which is no doubt helpful.

Room Tip: rooms of third and fourth floor are better
Kolkata
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I went with my family last week. The rooms were untidy and they were stinking. Food was horrible and stale. Most importantly, the behaviour of the hotel members were shocking! They do not have the basic training to serve their customers. I strongly recommend to avoid this hotel if one wants to enjoy the trip.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We went there on 26th Feb 2013 with my 18 months old daughter and wife... It was very near to the sea and also close to the station... we can watch the sea from the room balcony..The room service was very good... but problems was quality of the food for dinner and launch...it was not up to the mark based on the price rate... All the rooms are old and specially bathroom conditions need to be improved...batroom flush conditions .and room doors lock conditions are not good at all.

Room Tip: Choose Top most rooms for better view of the sea from the room balcony.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Puri Hotel? Share your experiences!