I stayed there for 2 nights and 3 days in their sea-facing suit on 1st floor. Let me discuss the pros and cons of the hotel.
1) Excellent view from the room.
2) Nice comfy bed, in-room dining facility, an extra room attached.
3) Hotel ambiance was clean compare to the other hotel at Puri
4) Above average food (nothing special though)
5) Arranged 'Panda' service for temple darshan
1) Reception Guys were very dull, never saw them smiling during my stay. As if their doing you a favor standing there.
2) Service is very slow and people are tips hungry
3) The worst part came on 2nd day evening when we came to know that the manager of the hotel is organizing a private party for his son's birthday on the hotel lawn and keep the guests on bay. Even they started playing Loud cheap music along with that mess till 11 pm. after repeated request also they were less bothered in responding to that matter. When you choose a hotel in new marine drive area, the first thing you keep in your mind is serenity. If a hotel with such tariff charges are failed to give you that basic need of customer then i believe we should think of something else. I hope the owner is listening to this and will take proper measurement.
4) The bathroom is very small and the water-flow very very slow. When I first entered into the toilet, found half used toiletries in the rack with no tissue paper and the problem was never resolved also.
5) 2 Km from 'swargadwar', every time pinches 120 bucks from your pocket (up-down).
6) Although AC was there but you can not control it because it was fixed at a temperature which was freezing cold. At the end my wife got cold.
Overall you may find many better hotels in terms of service in Puri. Choose this hotel only when the other option in the same category are unavailable.