I stayed here less than 24 hours and am back just few hours ago in Kolkata, but can't wait to appreciate the staff their. My train was late and I reached hotel at 0130 Hrs in late night ; but as soon as I reach the lobby the staff was so helpful and prompt that it took me exactly 3 minutes to complete my check in procedure and get my room keys.. at that late in night the guy who escorted me to my room, even offered tea/coffee... (however I opt to sleep immediately rather..). They were even courteous enough to call and let me know (around 2100 Hrs.) that their restaurant will close by the time I check in ; so to ensure I take my dinner on the way.
I liked the room. Now the pros and the cons (I would rather say scope of improvement as you cannot really call them cons)
1. Very close to the railway station. 1 km maximum.
2. spacious rooms with fair amount of natural light
3. GREAT STAFF. They were extremely prompt.. none of my request took more than 5 minutes to be executed. I was having a bad morning (due to cough and cold) the room boy proactively got my breakfast in room, also offered medicines.. much appreciate.
4. Food tasty and I feel the prices were quite to the lower side.
Scope of improvement:
1. Minibar was there with the menu but nothing in the fridge. Ideally it should be stacked with a choice to the guest to use it or not.
2. the lights were of 2 colors: white and yellow, ideally any one chrome is preferable
3.SPA attendant was missing. although I tried to reach him/her only once
4. bathroom fixtures were good but less maintained , it should have been a little better maintained/ changed.
If you are looking for sea view or anywhere near sea beach , this hotel is rather not an option. But the beach is in walkable distance, hence is a good option to avoid over crowded beach proximity hotels.
I would strongly suggest this hotel specially to the business travelers and also for family visits.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Shakti International is the only approved 3 star and ISO 9001:2008 certified hotel in puri. The hotel is equipped with 34 well furnished A/c Deluxe Rooms, 2 Super Deluxe Rooms, 1 Theme Restaurant (Designed as Spaceship) , 1 Coffee Shop, Swimming Pool, SPA & Travel Desk. In facilities we also offers Free Breakfast, Wi-Fi Internet access in rooms, Private Sea Beach Activities ( such as : Beach Volley Ball, Flying Disc, Beach Football etc.) and assistance in Lord Jagannath Temple Darshan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Tingo, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hotel Shakti International reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.