“Good value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Shillong
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Very good location. Reception very warm n efficient. Rooms good. Bathrooms well maintained. Food was average. Breakfast was not upto the mark. Staff very competent. Room service very quick. One negative was therr were no ac room. One has to make do with fan.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Guwahati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

A good hotel in the heart of the town. This perhaps justifies their charging a higher room tariff compared to some better hotels in Shillong. My family stayed in a deluxe club room which had all necessary facilities expected of a 3 star accommodation. Bath room was clean with shower area. Comfortable bed and good room service. As the hotel is located at the city centre with busy roads on either side of it lots of noise of plying cars late at night might be disturbing. Food was delicious. Check in and check out was smooth. Overall a decent hotel for a couple nights stay in Shillong with family. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ghatsila
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I have been to Shillong twice. First, in August 2013, when I travelled solo; and the second time in June 2014, when I was with a friend. On both occasions, I stayed at Hotel Centre Point. During my first visit, I had a deluxe room; the second time, my friend and I had a club deluxe room.

Yes, the hotel is expensive, no doubt. But it gives value for money.

First, it is centrally located in the Khyndailad area, popularly called the Police Bazaar area. This is where the main markets are; there is a Subway, a Baskin Robbins and a KFC; cinema halls; the taxi stand; travel agencies; and even the railway reservation counter.

Second, the hotel is really beautiful. I entered and saw the wood- and glass-lined interiors, and I was so happy. I felt as if half my money was recovered there itself. Then I was taken to my room, I parted the curtains, saw the LOVELY hills with clouds floating on them, and all my money was recovered. The view was so enchanting!

The room was clean and comfortable. Whenever I stay in hotels, I pay special attention to beds and bathrooms. At Hotel Centre Point, both were perfect.

The food at Centre Point is very good. I would like to make special mention of the complimentary breakfast. It is sumptuous, with several items on the menu. There's English breakfast, there's Indian breakfast, lovely fare!

I did not drink when I stayed there the first time; but when I was with my friend, I just let go of my inhibitions and drank and smoked. We drank in the bar, we ordered food in our room, and the staff was always very polite and courteous. The staff at the reception too was very courteous, as were the housekeeping staff. Our room was cleaned daily in our absence, and when I was having trouble with the lock on our door, I called the staff to help and they came promptly.

I know I will go to Shillong again. That place becomes magical during the rains. Meghalaya really turns into Meghalaya - the abode of clouds - during the rains. And I know I will stay at Hotel Centre Point.

P.S. When I was making reservation for my second visit, I mentioned in my email that I was a returning guest and asked if I could get a discount. I got a discount!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have stayed in Hotel Center point in a club deluxe room between 8th to 12th of June, 2014. My feedback on the club deluxe room is that the room is overpriced and really not of a standard of a 3 star hotel. However the breakfast is really good ( lots of variety) and the staff takes personal care of the needs. The quality and taste of the food in the restaurant (La Galeria) is just excellent and delicious. I have ordered lunch and dinner number of times and in all cases the food are of excellent quality and very tasty. The other advantage of this hotel is that it is centrally location and you will very safe staying over her. The hotel is also very neat and clean .Though I am not very happy with the quality of the room but considering the location and the services, I will recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Executive rooms are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Really as the name the hotel is in the centre of the main market n thats very gud. Rooms r quite gud interior is also gud n the buffet breakfast is not so gud n not so bad. But the place shillong in itself is hopeless. Its a wastage of money if u visit shillong n cherapunji nothing much to see except seven sister water fall. Elephant fall in shillong is just hopeless. Tourism in shillong n cherapunji is not at all developed. I visited the place in june 2014 n place in itself is not worth to go. There is scenic beauty but the places r not at all developed. Govt. Must do something abt the tourism there.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Everything about this hotel was appropriate. It was at the city center. Accessible to all facilities, shopping, transport.

The staff is very helpful. When we landed, my kid was running fever. We had prescription from our family doctor. The staff went out of the way to source the medicines. They also managed to get one from Guwahati which we could not find in Shillong.

During our first night, we almost planned to check out next day and return. The staff at the front office understood our plight and opted to charge for only one night and refund the rest of the reservation amount. Fortunately, my kid recovered overnight and we stayed for the entire length of the planned reservation.

The food is good. The restaurant staff is very courteous and helpful. Once, we ordered two dishes which was not upto the expectation of the family. The staff took it back and replaced it with other dish. There was no questions, no complaints for the switch.

We stayed in room 102. it was on the first floor overlooking the centre area. Though the life starts around 5 am, there was not much noise to disturb our sleep early morning.

For sightseeing, the hotel staff helped in recommending and sourcing tourist as well as local cabs.

I would recommend you get the hotel to arrange for drop and pickup from Guwahati airport. The charges are cheaper than the private rental agencies.

The wifi in the lobby had good strength and speed. Also, it is free.

The roof top restaurant is a good place for dinner. But since it shares with a bar, they do not allow children. They should have a separate section where families with children can occupy. This was the only disappointment during our stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

This hotel is very neat and clean, with a good wooded decor in the rooms, the staff are very professional, and offer a warm welcome at the reception. The rooms are cozy and having a good view of the mountains. The bar and restaurant on top floor is very cozy and nicely done up.

Room Tip: Road side view , mountain view.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Centre Point? Share your experiences!