“Amazing !!! Relaxing !! 5* at 3* prices” 5 of 5 stars

Adamo The Resort
MG Road, Matheran 410102, India (Formerly Richie Rich Resorts)   |
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Matheran
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Amazing !!! Relaxing !! 5* at 3* prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed at Richie Rich resorts for 2 nights (now its called Odamo- The Resort) for May 21-22, 2012. The rooms were large and clean. Swimming pool was functional, clean and very enjoyable in the weather. Jacuzzi was not operational because of water shortage problems in Matheran at that time. Their food is very famous and is really enjoyable.
My son had a blast in pool and loved their food ( he is 5 yrs old). Breakfast spread is also very nice. Gujarati's would love this place a lot since they offer lot of Gujju food options. Its a Pure Veg place as well. Night dinner buffets usually had live entertainments as well. They had Magic show one night and Puppet show the other night followed every day by a live DJ at pool side.. The whole ambience was really magical ... to be eating dinner at poolside with DJ, magic show, etc.. The staff was very courteous and always helpful. Service is very fast. At one point in time we must have ordered 9 towels during the day because we went to pool twice, we had to clean when we returned from the walk ... The towels would become red from the red sand in matheran.. They never complained that you can get only 2 towels which is usually a norm in most hotels.
They have pool table, table tennis, badminton as activities as well. So all in all, its a great place to be with large families... or go for trips with friends and kids... and whoever.

Room Tip: They also have suites, duplexes, and a whole bungalows as well.. So if u r travelling in a group, do...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Adamo91, Director of Sales at Adamo The Resort, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Respected Mr. Apurva Turakhia,

Greetings from Adamo The Resort !!

Firstly would like to welcome your valuable inputs on Adamo The Resort during your stay at our property.

At Adamo properties we always strive for giving the best to our Valued Patrons with a touch of feeling at Home away from Home by catering to the smallest needs of our Guests. We thank you for rating Adamo The Resort as stated in your valuable comments which takes us to the scalable heights year on year.

We shall look forward to your valuable next visit to see the change......

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
GHOTI,NASIK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

good experience.food was so tasty.regency deluxe rooms r good.cleanliness ranks.all over service is best.located in d heart of town.near to market.its not a wastage of money.meals were good but breakfast need to improve

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Pune, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We had excellent stay here. Food is awesome.
Room was excellent ("regency deluxe") and place is very accessible from market/jain temple.
Staff very nice and courteous.
More than what we see usually at typical tourist places.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Twickenham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Arrived from Mumbai by car and took the toy train up to Matheran,eventually found the hotel.
Check in was ok but them seemed very abrupt when I told them I had left my passport (for safety) in Mumbai. The Room was ok and to a good standard it even had a safe which I never managed to get working.
My deal included all meals, only to find out the hotel was vegetarian, but I enjoyed everything I tried even if I didn't know what I was eating. Oh and by the way there is no alcohol either.
All the staff were always polite, and they organised a guide (Imran) to show me round, it's a beautiful place and very serene.
After breakfast which didn't start till 8.30 and if your an early riser it was a little bit annoying.
So after breakfast I returned to my room to relax and pack and at 9.15 there was a knock at my door, and it was two of the receptionists,and they were there telling me that check out was 9.00am and I had to leave the room.What hotel checks out that early!!!
They both stood in the open doorway waiting for me to gather my things together and escorted me to reception, it was if I had done something wrong, I only owed them for two bottles of water.
I don't think I have ever been treated like that by anyone and it left a sour taste, and it did spoil what I thought was going to be a highlight of my Indian adventure.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

It feels really horrible writing a bad comment on this sight but this is nothing with regard to the humiliation i received on the very entrance of the resort... i was on a weekend trip to Matheran [With Prior Reservations] and thought of hanging out with my close buddies at the resort as i have stayed here before.. we traveled all the way to the resort and then when we reached the entrance the worst started...we were treated like stray DOGS... In spite of advance payment the receptionist made us wait for 30-45 Mins just because we had a extra kid of 7 yrs ..We clearly said that we are ready to pay the extra charges but For no reasons they spoke to us very rudely made us wait..Even after giving a confirmation in writting we were treated badly... hello I am a frequent traveller and hv a Hospitality background and this is really not the way you speak to any guest or even any human being.. some of them even acted as they could not even see us and i was so freaked out that i didn't even want to waste a minute here.
Going back to mumbai with the thought of me letting my friends down. but would suggest people not to visit a place were such rude employees exist... No Air condition working... Lack of Service... Not worth it...

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A RIGHT PLACE TO BE IF U ARE WITH FAMILY...

Stayed in March 2012, travelled with friends

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

I had a terrible experience when i visited this with my family and friends. We were 3 couples and even after paying 50% advance the staff did not allow us to checkin until the balance 50% is paid off (that too in advance before using their services). We were made to wait for 30 min before we could check in and our families (alogn with 1 yr old kids) were helpless at their door steps. The staff did not show any sign of hospitality and we were told that the staff which had bokked the tickets was not interested in speaking with us. This means that we had made a mistake in selecting the hotel as we were a burden to them. Further the services were pathetic. Food / breakfast was absoluely down graded to a cheap hotel and the ACs were not working. We stayed there for 2 days and the AC's did not work for even 2 hrs. every 1 hr there was a power cut which would last from 10 min to 30 min while there was enough power at other adjacent hotels to run AC. Eventally we had to leave before time and were pissed off with their service standards which was even below the level of a small time hotel.
I would never viist this Hotel again and Never recommed this to anyone

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Had been here last year n still have fresh memories of it.. hotel is located near to the station.. Perfect holiday place.. the staff is really good.. and food is finger licking good... from breakfast too dinner... the pool is also very well maintained.. so waiting to visit back again...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Adamo The Resort? Share your experiences!