“Great location” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
ajinohio
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Our first time to GOTL. We booked at the last minute, so our first night was spent in one of the cottages. Clean, but a little rustic for us. A little too much traffic noise. But the view of the lake from the inn's patio made up for it. Each night we purchased a bottle of Lakehouse wine and enjoyed it in the adirondack chairs on the patio facing the lake. Our second night was spent in one of the suites in the main house. Very clean, spacious and quiet. Very good breakfasts each morning and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: Cottages are a little rustic and noisy. The main house is very quiet and ( we thought) worth it.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

I had my wedding at The Lakehouse Inn and they more than exceeded my expectations. They were extremely accommodating and a pleasure to work with. I was very pleased with the food and the atmosphere as well as the friendly staff. The location is absolutely beautiful, they do an amazing job on the up-keep of the outside area. The food was delicious and all of my guests were impressed. The staff does an impressive job on servicing their guests. I felt very welcome there. They helped make one of the most important days of my life flawless, beautiful and enjoyable for me. I plan on going back to stay for many wedding anniversaries to come!

• Stayed August 2011
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I was so impressed with this place. Gorgeous property when flowers are in bloom. It will impress! We booked the room short-notice and got a pretty small one, but I didn't even mind because it was so fresh, bright and top-notch.
The property occupies a small notch on the lake, but they maximize their space with 3 balconies over-looking the lake with one being the winery (the winery is a small space and I think their prices for the wine is quite high, but it's worth indulging a little just for the scenery.) There's a restaurant in a building across from the Inn and one beach cottage (that sits atop the winery). All balconies (and the beach access below) are prime spots for the setting sun.

The inn itself has a beautiful dining area for breakfast. The small notable things I appreciated... they provide ice tea and lemonade in a refrigerator behind the desk and for the girls... they have a black-washcloth specifically for removing eye-makeup! They also provide some snacks in the room, but ultimately, it's all about the quaint property and flowers galore.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Our time at this charming , well run, B & B is always delightful. We had a small family reunion and stayed in cottages , a suite and the Beach House. All were clean, comfortable and well appointed.We had meals at both the winery and the Crossswinds Grille as well as the breakfast provided at the B & B. All were delicious. This is a lovely small place to visit and the family who own and manage it definitely know what they're doing.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

I spent the night here last week and had a great time. The setting is just gorgeous; the wine is remarkably good; the food, wonderful; and the staff just as friendly as they could be. I was completely comfortable staying here and would recommend it to anyone. I love that they have designated motorcycle parking right next to the house. If the parking lot was paved, the place would be 100% perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Niles, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2011

I didn't stay at the Lakehouse Inn so I can say little about the rooms, but I can say a lot about the atmosphere, location, and food. I took my husband up to Geneva-on-the-Lake as a birthday surprise. Neither of us have ever been to Geneva-on-the-Lake before. We found the town to be more ideal for couples with young children so it wasn't our ideal town, but we found the Lakehouse Inn and Winery to be a great location. While waiting for our dinner reservation we sat on the patio by the lake drinking wine. It is the perfect location to relax by the water while sipping on some wine. They also offer cheese plates, but we did not get one. A wedding was going on while there which really added to the atmosphere of the Lakehouse Inn. The landscaping was absolutely beautiful!

The dinner was also really great. Dinner is served outdoors next to the Inn. I tried the fried perch (which apparently has won awards). It was very tasty. It wasn't the best fried perch I have ever had, but it was pretty good. The atmosphere really makes this place. I highly suggest that you drink wine on the patio and/or have dinner at this location!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chicago Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

We spent one night using the lodge and a cottage. This was a girl's trip, ages ranging from 16 to 80. On first arrival, we were quite worried as the rooms were quite tiny and it was raining. The grounds are wonderful and you can see how much care goes into them. The staff are very friendly, and there are nice touches everywhere- snacks in the room and lemonade, coffee or tea all the time. We felt it was overpriced for what you got in return, unfortunately. The tasting plate really was pitiful for the $9 price. The room sizes and cottage furnishings also didn't warrant the price. We enjoyed our dinner, but again felt it was not worth $19-$20 a plate, or $6 a dessert. Hey, I live in Chicago so I get everything isn't a value, and you pay for atmosphere. Just didn't agree with it here, but my view may have been tainted by a terrific stay the weekend before at a winery in Michigan. This area needs places like this, but with the conference center two blocks away with large spacious rooms, a better beach, and more affordable dinners and rooms, they need to take that into consideration. That said, the breakfast was amazing and again, the views, combined to make our $600 night total almost worth it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Lakehouse Inn? Share your experiences!