“Nice, clean get away!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Anchor Motel and Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Geneva on the Lake
Anchor Motel and Cottages
Save Saved
You added Anchor Motel and Cottages to your Saves list
5196 Lake Road (State Route 531), Geneva on the Lake, OH 44041   |
Olmsted Falls, Ohio, USA
“Nice, clean get away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Not a lot of frills, but has absolutely everything you need. Owners and staff are excellent and very low key - provided some great recommendations (including Pieori's and Mary's ... excellent!). Great outdoor bar/restaurant (Lakeside) on the water which was good for drink/appetizer and minimart within a few steps. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I stayed here with two girlfriends in one of the motel rooms. Clean room. Perfectly fine for our needs. Close to the strip - we could walk everywhere we wanted to go. This is an old hotel - but everything was in good repair and very clean.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed in one of the cottages and were pleased at how clean and quiet it was. 10/10 for cleanliness! But the bedrooms (2) were too small and felt closed in. The beds were hard and terribly uncomfortable. The shower in the bathroom was WAY too small. Maybe I'm being a little bit too picky because overall it was extremely clean and private and a tiny shower is better than no shower. I do regret not staying at the popular hotel a couple miles down the road.
Said they had wi-fi but it didn't reach to our cottage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Girard, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

I am the lady who took my 12 yr. old kitty to the "pet friendly" motel. I will admit that I was wrong to tell the manager that I have my kitty in the "suite" after the fact. We were in the room for 30 minutes...at which time the owner came to the room and told me to remove my kitty immediately. I did so within 15 seconds.
This is the beginning of the story.
I was charger 150.00 for the day + $20.oo cleaning fee. ( The 150.00 was returned when they re-rented the room.)
The room was cleaned to their standards...which did not include checking the fridge or freezer because I left a 46.00 bottle of Patron in the freezer.
I called and the wife said she would hold my tequila until I returned. She was very pleasant....however now the story gets weird.
I returned 5 days later and that is when all hell broke loose. The husband (owner) met me with vengeance...He was upset about a nasty review on trip advisor. He screamed at me, threatened me and my friend with a law suite for slander, and told me to never return to his motel.
At that time he slammed my Patron on his contact paper covered counter so hard...I thought he broke the bottle.
He also called my cancer recovering husband a slanderous name. I really don't know why, except maybe he expected my husband to get in his face???? He also called me a liar....
Thank goodness I had my cell phone in my bra and recorded the entire event.
Stay at his motel...just don't get him mad.
Be advised that I could have kept the kitty in the room...but chose to be honest. The manager set me up...twice. She had me removed and had the owner yell at me 5 days later...Thanks.
The "suite smelled musty and old. That is why I opened the windows so my kitty wouldn't get ill.
They were concerned with allergy cat dander. I recently retired from the school system after 35 years and I can tell you that a peanut butter cup is more likely to get a reaction that a cat.

Marcia Pellegrene

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed down in the strip many many times for many years at many different places. We will not ever stay anywhere else now that we have stayed at Anchor. Mellissa checked us in with a smile and a great attitude. She was there everyday we stayed, always working hard and cleaning. The hard work showed, our room was spotless!!! The room we reserved at last minute was a little small but when we go to the strip we don't plan in being in our rooms for much more then sleeping, so it was perfect for us. The owners are very friendly and inviting. We really felt welcome. We were talking about coming back with a group of our friends later this year and we were taken around and shown some of their recently completely renovated absolutely beautiful cottages. I was just so impressed by the hospitality and their willingness to go above and beyond. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed June 2014
Washington, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to GOTL. At the recommendation of friends, we booked a cottage at the Anchor (We planned to eat in a couple of meals, but that did not happen LOL!). As soon as we checked in, we were made to feel welcome (by staff and by Cooper, the dog, who rocks!). The cottage, while small, was clean, recently updated, and comfortable....all that we needed. The owners and staff are both very pleasant, friendly, and gracious, and make you feel like they are glad you are there, and that a great guest experience is their top priority. They nailed it with us! We had a great time, the location of Anchor was perfect as it is close to the park and the strip, and our cottage was very peaceful and quiet. We can't wait to return! Bring towels...and if you are expecting luxury, this is not for you, but for a CLEAN, friendly, and comfortable place to stay, you can't go wrong! Also, if you have a complaint or need something, ASK the owners! They will do all they can to make your stay pleasant. ~Kathy and Scott, Washington, PA

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Finding a decent place to stay at geneva on the lake can be a challenge. The Anchor is clean and friendly and a good place to stay.
Keep in mind that geneva is an old town so this is not the Ritz Carleton. It is however however a clean place to stay with a friendly staff.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Anchor Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!