We arrived on Friday May 18, 2007. It was a nice drive from the west side of Cleveland (about 60 minutes). The resort looked brand new and it was huge. The hotel staff on the first night was extra specal. The manager gave us info on local wineries and talked to us in the cute gift shop about different wines. There was a girl in the lobby that showed us more brochures and was also very nice. We enjoyed a complimentary wine tasting that night and we noticed they must have them every night between 6:30 and 7:30. We ventured a small distance past the resort to find a quaint little restaurant named Lakefront Restaurant. My husband ans I joked like do you really want to try this place as it was a dive looking restaurant. Let me just say the food was first class. It was excellent and the service was superb. Back to the Lodge, we had the pleasure of staying in one of the whirpool suites and the room and whirpool was immaculately clean. I am comparing this to when we stayed at the Hilton in a whirpool room and I could see the grunge in the tub. I take scrubbing bubbles with us to clean the whirpool and when I sprayed the tub down at Geneva, there was literally no dirt. I was impressed. The second day we were there, houskeeping hooked us up with an overabundance of towels and wrote us a cute note on the notepad by the phone. I did leave her a tip and a note as well prior to her doing the cleaning. We visited Ferrante Wnery where we did a wine tasting and it was beautiful. I highly recommend it out of all of the wineries we past by. Primarily because Ferrante actually has 100 acres and a lot of vines. They have tours and a very nice gift shop/restaurant. We had dinner and breakfast at Horizons at The Lodge and the food was top notch. The service each time was impressive. I must say that I heard some weird negative things about "the locals" and I was a little worried when we were driving through. I didn't know how my husband and I would be perceived. We are a bi-racal couple. Luckily, I didn't feel uncomfortable once and as a matter of fact people were overly friendly!! Some other things to note: our room had 2 soaps, shower cap, shampoo and conditoner-all bath and body works coconut lime verbena. I always take note of the brands of that type of stuff. I think it makes a difference. The pool and hot tub was open 8am-11pm and was super clean as well. The lobby and fireplace were great photo ops. We had a fabulous time. I was pleased overall with everything. The only thing that was a negative was I booked my reservation with a credit card and they charged my account for the first night. I anticipated paying the second night with cash upon checkout. I realized our second night when my credit card was declined at the restaurant that they put a rather large hold on my card for "incedentals". I then saw a sign at the front desk that made mention of the hold of funds. I called after we checked out and asked if that could be removed. They advised to call back on Monday and someone in the accounting department could call my bank and and get it removed quicker than the usual 2-3 business days. I was ok with that answer. Overall a fabulous experience I would highly recommend to couples for a romantic, relaxing weekend getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio’s wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from Seasonal Specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options!With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services, The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20 wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake’s nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park’s beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio