We've stayed here before, so this was a return visit for us. We love that it is close to the Wineries. Not alot to do but relax by the pool or lake or visit the Geneva "boardwalk". A hot dog at Eddies is a must! The room we get is lovely, complete with a jaccuzzi in the room and great views of the pool and lake. A lovely little private patio with some rooms as well. The Lodge has a great Lobby with wonderful stone fireplace. Two pools (indoors and out) nice workout room with lake views. There is a little game room and a coffee shop with courtesy coffee in the mornings. There are pasteries and fruit for sale there as well. The gift shop has great hours and nice if you need anything from candy to a bottle of local wine. I see this year that you have to pay to rent a bike for the miles of bike/walking trails. They were always free for Lodge guests. If you're looking to be pampered, you won't find it here. The employees are pleasant, but won't go out of their way to make you feel special. It's a shame, because I want this to be a better customer service oriented hotel. The hotel restaurant.......skip it. I've tried eating there three times and will not give them another chance. The staff is undertrained and the food is not worthy of the prices. I don't mind paying for quality food, but this isn't close. Our dinner was a train wreck. The waitress fumbled and was unprofessional. They give you very few extras here. If you want a fridge or microwave you have to pay 10 bucks each a night! We bring a cooler and get by with that for a few days. I will try to return for it's location and relaxation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio’s wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from Seasonal Specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options!With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services, The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20 wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake’s nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park’s beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio