“Great for a family of 5” 5 of 5 stars

4888 North Broadway (SR 534), Geneva on the Lake, OH 44041   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cleveland, Ohio
“Great for a family of 5”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed at the Lodge for 5 days. Great place to spend a summer vacation (no need to travel to Mexico when there is a cheaper alternative).
Get your food on the "strip" or Giant Eagle Grossery store 10 min away...Advanture Zone for kids just around the corner.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Perfect place for a get away. Book a room with a balcony and lake view. Top level lake rooms do not have balconies. The grounds are pleasant for walking and biking along the lake and to the beach. The wine shuttle tour is a fun activity.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

Room was clean and the beds were comfortable. Staff was great and very friendly. Room size was average and you must request a mini fridge which I thought should have been standard in a room with this high of a price tag. The air conditioner had problems but we were too tired to switch rooms and yes they did offer. The indoor pool was being renovated in a lake front building surrounded by windows. The outdoor pool looked very nice also. The restaurant breakfast buffet was good with omelets made to your liking and fresh fruit, but it was a little pricey. Overall, we had a nice stay and would like to go back but will look for some kind of discounts or package deals.

• Stayed July 2013
Marion, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at the lodge at could not been more satisfied. The room was clean, the staff was friendly, and the location was close to all wineries. We had a fantastic trip and are already planning our return visit!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Vernon, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I just stayed at the lodge. It is a beautiful location! Our room overlooked Lake Erie which we really enjoyed. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The restaurant was beautiful and the food was very good. We really enjoyed sitting outside eating breakfast overlooking the lake. The room was really clean but my only concern was that beds were uncomfortable. My husband and I both woke up with back aches. I just feel like the beds should be updated. The price of the room should mean that you don't wake up with your back hurting! All in all we loved it and we will go back but hope for a better bed!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We had stayed at the Lodge this past Thursday the 15th to celebrate our Anniversary, I had reserved a Premium King Room with Balcony. When we checked in we were excited when we were told that we had been upgraded to a Jacuzzi Suite, but when we got to the room we were very disappointed. There was not a Balcony and just a window that would not open, the chase lounge seemed old and not inviting to sit on or touch, and the exhaust fan in bathroom did not work. We loved all the amenities that the Lodge offered but the room was just unacceptable! We never used the Jacuzzi bath, but we would have used the balcony.

If we ever get a chance to go again I will never except a room "UPGRADE" again.

I mentioned to front desk about not having a balcony and they told me all balcony rooms were booked.

Disappointed

Room Tip: Make sure to get a Balcony Room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockwood, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I booked this hotel directly with the lodge via phone. I was planning for a suite for 3 nights, July 31-August 3rd. I only looked at my emailed confirmation number, not the specifics of the dates. My bad. I called the day of check in to tell the hotel I would be coming in late and they confirmed that I had only reserved 2 nights. I said, "no, I know it was for 3 nights, because another hotel in town only had 2 nights and referred me to The Lodge." Well, my compliant was to no avail. They could have cared less and did nothing to help me with the dilemma. The man that answered the phone said he called his manager and that the manager listened to the original call I made, nearly 3 weeks earlier, (I find that hard to believe) and that I had requested only 2 nights. I told him that was highly unlikely because I planned on staying 3 days in the area. He then told me they had a non suite room for the last night. The kicker? I room was the same price as the suite! Really?! I told him the price of the non suite room, on line, was $50 less. He said," well, this is a weekend night!" I told him, if I was packing up my family, I would be leaving the entire resort. I thought their customer service was terrible. They screwed up the reservation, then wanted to "stick it to me" with a high priced standard room as a remedy. I will not stay here again, which is sad because the over all resort is pretty (the suite was just okay, the chair in the living room had a tear in it and the carpet had a few stains, but it was large with a full table and living room) The foyer has a great fireplace. The walk to the beach is quiet and very clean.(the lodge isn't on the sandy beach, it is a walk through the park like grounds, about 15 minutes.) The other staff was generally kind and helpful. The pool was fairly well maintained, though smaller than the picture looks online.
My kids ended up happy that we left, as we drove into Erie Pa and had a great time at Presque Isle. While Gevena on the Lake is an okay town, there wasn't as much to do. It's a better place to just relax, but our family is active and would rather have shopping, boating, sightseeing, as well as the water.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room, otherwise, you get a view of the parking lot
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake? Share your experiences!