This was the first stop on our road trip from NY to TX. We picked it because it promised comfort at a great price and a nice location right by the lake - we were not disappointed. The rooms were nicely decorated (just simple plaids and greens) and the bathrooms were definitely nicer than you would expect at a "lodge" ;). The only downside was the availability of restaurants for dinner. The Horizons restaurant closes at 8pm (!!) on weekdays and so we had to brave the less than romantic Geneva on the Lake community. The reception desk staff recommended Farone's, an Italian place, but we left that restaurant right after we entered. Eventually we found a nice diner (nice because we got to sit on the patio at sunset, not sure I would have wanted to dine inside) with standard American food mix (ribs, pasta, etc.) and a nice selection of beers. It was the Lakeview Rest. On our drive through the motel and fast food studded streets, we established that was definitely the only place we were willing to go to. So overall, the hotel was great as was its location right by the lake / Geneva park but dining options were mediocre at best (we had breakfast at Horizons and it was only so so).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the midst of Ohio’s wine country, on the shores of Lake Erie; The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake offers a beautiful setting for tasteful getaways. The Lodge features a variety of packages and seasonal rates for all travel needs, from Seasonal Specials and Bed & Breakfast getaways for fun filled family vacations to the Wine Country package and Two Night Wine Excursion package for romantic escapes. You can even find green friendly meeting options!With a multitude of amenities including indoor & outdoor pools and hot tubs, Horizons Restaurant & Lounge with outdoor seating, meeting facilities for large events and on site activities including a wine shuttle to nearby wineries, bike rentals and massage services, The Lodge offers the perfect escape in Northeast Ohio. Local attractions include 20 wineries, 17 covered bridges and Geneva-on-the-Lake’s nostalgic entertainment strip as well as Geneva State Park’s beach, marina and hiking trails for outdoor adventure. Visit The Lodge today for your great Ohio getaway! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your The Lodge at Geneva-on-the-Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Hotel Geneva On The Lake
- Hotel At Geneva State Park
- At Geneva State Park Hotel
- The Lodge At Geneva-On-The-Lake Geneva On The Lake, Ohio