“love this place” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Food & Drink
Albany, New York
“love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I love this place we go here when were in town and its the very nice place to get some wine, i love the pink drink!

Visited April 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
“FIRST VISIT”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were doing our winery hopping day and came across this one. Very unique place with very diverse ambiance. The wines were very good and so was the nice young lady that helped us. The weather was not good but I think it would be wonderful to sit out on the patio areas overlooking the lake sipping a glass or two, maybe next visit. I would recommend this stop.

Visited October 2012
Seven Hills
12 attraction reviews
“truley unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This place is a must visit for anyone visiting Geneva on the Lake. We park the car , walk around and always make sure to stop by the Firehouse.

Visited July 2012
Geneva on the Lake, Ohio
“TRULY A FABULOUS WINERY....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Ok. We LOVE this Winery. Maybe because we feel we own stock in it(?) -smile -(we're there way too much), but we absolutely LOVE this Winery! It is located directly on the strip, and directly on Lake Erie. How can anyone visiting Geneva on the Lake ask for more??? The service at times may be a bit slow, but you can say that of any winery of it's sort. There are ususally more than enough servers, but with people coming and going, with reunions, weddings, etc. being held, it can get boggling for not only the guests, but the servers, as well...not to the dismay of the Winery, though (that's why they're in business...and that's why people reserve their reunions, weddings, etc. at this winery year after year after year...it's FABULOUS! If you truly want to ensure you get your meal in a 'normal' time frame, you may not want to visit on a Saturday evening. Other than this, most anytime is fine for service. NOTE: Woody, JoJo and Dave hire the finest of the finest in wait persons, and from ALL AROUND THE WORLD!! Now. As for the food and wine. The food is usually good to Excellent...but not 5-star dining, but this is not what this winery is choosing to be. They are a Winery...not Olive Garden. As for the wine....All persons have their own tastes. For $8 - $15 per bottle, though, we can not go wrong. As they do not serve bottled beer at directly at the Winery, though draft beer, you can walk 50 feet to The Landing for this...and still lakefront! Guess all I can say is that the Firehouse is a wonderful, relaxing Winery...and probably the best of the best. Again, all people have their own opinions of great and not so great, but all in all, this Winery is GREAT! Oh, and it's a family Winery, so Mom & Dad may enjoy a glass of wine/beer, while the kids water-slide next door. 100% recommended for everyone.

Visited August 2012
New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
“Nice diversion but the wine is so-so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I visited this winery when I was in the area for a family vacation, so I needed wine desperatey..... :-) The wine is typical of this area and if you have a sophisticated palate for dry wines, this is not the place or area for you. However, if you like sweet wines, you will have a blast.

The one thing that scared me is when the server asked me, for my taste of cabernet, if I wanted it "chilled or room temperature." While I am sure this is in response to those who don't understand that a cabernet should ALWAYS be room temperature, as a person employed by a winery, I was a little put back by this question... ugh....

Visited July 2012