“Excellent meals, beautiful setting, good service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Specializing in fresh Lake Erie perch* (as available) and wood fired cuisine including pizza, steaks, chicken and weekly fish specials. Our chefs work closely with local farmers to create seasonal menus featuring the freshest ingredients available.Whether it is a birthday or anniversary celebration or a romantic dinner for two, Crosswinds Grille is the perfect setting! Stop by and enjoy a delicious meal along with fine wines and a spectacular view of Lake Erie!
“Excellent meals, beautiful setting, good service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times over the past year with family and friends. The menu changes with the season as the Chef tries to ensure fresh local produce is used for the meaks. Each time my meal has been prepared perfectly, the service has been very good, and the atmosphere has been pleasant. Often the owner will stop by to say hello and check to be sure we enjoyed the meal.

This is in my opinion one of the nicer restaurants in Ashtabula County. It is a bit expensive for the are but the quality and presentation of the food, and the beautiful lake-side setting makes it well worth the price you pay for the quality food and fine atmosphere. I recommend Crosswinds if you enjoy fine dining.

Youngstown, Ohio
“Celebrating a birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Our experience was outstanding. The setting is beautiful. We began with a glass of wine on the deck overlooking Lake Erie. We were able to take our bottle of wine into the restaurant for our dinner.
Our waitress, Brittany, was delightful.
The food was excellent. My husband's steak was as predicted in a "farm to table" restaurant that promotes freshness and wholesomeness. My crab cakes were delicious and full of big chunks of crab. The vegetables were also an added bonus.
Just a delightful experience over all. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. But, be sure to make a reservation. Especially in summer months.

• Visited June 2014
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Beautiful scenery and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Crosswinds Grille at the Lakeside Inn is definitely the gem of Geneva on the Lake, OH. Having never been to this area before, we were quite surprised at the step back in time feel of this once thriving resort town. Crosswinds was everything we were hoping to find and more. We went early in the day for wine sampling, and at the urging of the bartender and Su Chef, made reservations to come back later in the day for dinner. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere in the restaurant was so relaxing, the food was delicious, and the property was so well kept. It was all topped off with a beautiful sunset on the lake, of which we had the perfect view. I've never been impressed with any experiences along Lake Erie, until now.

• Visited June 2014
Holland, Michigan
“Good try”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Went here for the view and the perch. My perch was merely okay, have had much better for much less $$. The spinach salad was at least 60% lettuce instead of spinach. Again, good but not meeting expectations.

Drinks were very watered down to the point we wondered if we accidentally ordered virgins. Cheese plate was a nice appetizer, well executed.

This place is nice but I can't justify the high prices for what it delivers.

Mentor, Ohio
“Great neighborhood gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Great location and a very nice restaurant. My husband and I had dinner and was not disappointed. We ordered the meat platter for an appetizer which featured homemade cheese, sausage, pickled onions and carrots, cucumbers, bread, and some other tidbits. I ordered the house salad with the asiago cheese pizza (wood oven) and my husband had the perch. Everything was very good. We ordered a bottle of the Riesling (all wines are made and bottled here) and it was very nice. Service was excellent (Thank you Jasmine). After dinner we walked down to the beach and noticed they had a patio that also served some of the same items (pizza) and drinks. I cannot wait to return.

• Visited May 2014