“Beautiful setting, great food, outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood, Contemporary, Grill
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Description: Specializing in fresh Lake Erie perch* (as available) and wood fired cuisine including pizza, steaks, chicken and weekly fish specials. Our chefs work closely with local farmers to create seasonal menus featuring the freshest ingredients available.Whether it is a birthday or anniversary celebration or a romantic dinner for two, Crosswinds Grille is the perfect setting! Stop by and enjoy a delicious meal along with fine wines and a spectacular view of Lake Erie!
Antioch, California
“Beautiful setting, great food, outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Had the pleasure of entertaining friends for dinner at Crosswinds Grill on two occasions in August. The food was outstanding (I had the lamb chops and a delicious shrimp/spinich pasta dish) and the service was attentive, timely ad efficient. A "special treat".

“Too expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Nice atmosphere and beautiful view of lake Erie from our table. Our waitress was attentive and when asked what the house specialty was suggested the seared perch. We were expecting their best. Instead we received a few pieces of perch on the plate with bland vinegarette sauce and dry baked potato

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Andrea B, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thank you for your comments on your recent visit to us. I am so glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere, the views and great customer service. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your meal. I know that our chef is very careful in creating the many sauces and vinaigrettes that we offer as we want them to enhance the food but not overwhelm it. Obviously we did not tickle your palate with the vinaigrette used on the perch. I am positive that if you gave us a second try that we could delight your senses and palate with any number of other dishes we serve. I hope you will give us that opportunity.
Geneva on the Lake, Ohio
“Yum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Excellent food. The fish entrees were prepared just right and the magic sauces really enhanced each dish. The Fagnelli Family have spared no expense on this complex and my wife can't wait to try the spa.

Olmsted Falls, OH
“Super view and vibe, but awful service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Review here is only for the patio/bar. We did not stay here.

Stopped here for a glass of wine...then another and dinner. Should have stopped at one glass, because the waitress forgot about us after we requested "five more minutes" to peruse the menu.

Twenty minutes later, I had to go to the bar to order. With a cadre of five staff members behind the bar, and only two customers ordering, I still waited five minutes before I was acknowledged by a waitress.

During that time, our original waitress was TEXTING (and by the smile on her face, she was not texting emergency instructions to her babysitter...), until the most veteran-looking waitress said something to her. At that point, the texter DUCKED behind the bar to complete this critical text exchange/dialogue.

And we wonder why China, India, Brazil, etc. are all surpassing America...

Anyway, it is a laid-back, peaceful patio, with outstanding Lake Erie views. The musician (I believe his last name was Madewell) was perfect for that scene. And we had a good margarita pizza--once my order eventually was taken.

The wine? Eh... Average and overpriced for its quality.

So one-star on the aloofness of the staff, two-star for the wine, five-star for a helpful and friendly parking lot attendant named Mario (he makes a great first impression when you arrive, and saved face for the rest of his colleagues as we departed), and five-stars for the overall atmosphere.

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience and your observations. You are absolutely correct that this was not the way your encounter should have unfolded here at The Lakehouse Inn and we are addressing this issue with our employees so that it does not occur again. I am so pleased that you enjoyed the food, music and the views. Unlike what you experienced, we truly do strive to be guest oriented and I can only hope that you will come and try us again and let us wow you with great customer service.
Leesburg, Indiana
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

Slow service, average, told us, no reservations till 9 PM when we got there at 8:40 there were several open tables. Perch kind of rubbery. Would not go back.

amf824, Manager at Crosswinds Grille, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience. I’m sure that when you made your reservation that our reservation book showed that a table would not be open until 9 PM and that is when your reservation was taken. However, no one finishes their dinner exactly according to our schedule so we may very well have had some tables finish earlier than predicted or even last minute cancellations which would account for the open tables. Also, your comments on the perch I will assume was from the sautéed perch entrée. Because the perch is sautéed, it will change the texture somewhat and if you are not familiar with that fish, it might have been your experience that evening. I am sorry you did not enjoy your evening with us, but I hope that if you are back in our area that you will give us a second chance to impress you.