“Substandard at best” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Hartford, Alabama, United States
“Substandard at best”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

After traveling 1000 miles to stay at the Lodge- we walked over to Horizons the evening of our arrival. The odor of fried fish was so overwhelming that we lost our appetite and had to drive into town for a pizza.
Attempted Sunday breakfast buffet before departing- $12.95 per person and very limited choices. Omelettes (not very good), bacon, link sausage that tasted horrible and whole oven/baked new potatoes that looked like they were left over from the night before- the cold bar was pitiful. Blueberries and cantelope, box cereal and milk- service was lacking as our waters and juice were never refilled. Never saw our server until we got up to leave and she brought us a check! Disappointing food services and rooms. All over priced and lack any type of "WOW" experience - however, the grounds are lovely.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Dublin, Ohio, United States
“Waited for a long time”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The restaurant was not very busy since it was Sunday night. However, we had to wait for 45 minutes to arrive our foods. I saw other tables and they also waited for a long time. I wonder if there was only one chief at that night.

Visited June 2013
Canton,Ohio
“Slow and cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ordered to go food to go back to our room. Pizza was cold and served before a cold dish which at inflated prices turned out to be a dinner that made us wish we would have stopped at Daves Cosmic Subs before we checked in at the Lodge. Folks! Please eat before you come to the Lodge because they cant seem to figure it out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Salem, Ohio
“Great food and wonderful view of lake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have come here several times and every visit was greatly enjoyed! The food is really good with lots of great menu items to choose from. A lot of healthy choices too if you are into that. The only small negative this visit was that we ordered pizza and it wasn't cut all the way through, so I had to cut it myself but I kept cutting it which seemed to go on forever before it actally cut all the way through. The dough was very tough. Tasted ok though. We actually laughed about it because that never has happened before and it took forever before we got a piece off the tray.
The waiters there were super friendly and we have never had someone there that wasn't nice. Great service! This place is incredibly relaxing. We stayed here at the Lodge for only one night and we ate every meal here. We ate our lunch, dinner, and the next day our breakfast and lunch here. We also drank mai tais at the lounge here. Can't wait to come again!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Painesville, Ohio
“Watch your bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just visited the hotel for their Mother's Day Brunch and the breakfast part of the buffet was great, while the lunch/dinner side was not so much. They only had 3 dishes (+ carving station) to choose from and nobody in my party had anything from that side. The desserts were no good at all and again very limited in selection. We've been to these kind of functions before and they keep getting worse. Upon bringing our bill the waitress charged us for my 5 year old who ate next to nothing anyway but also according to their website 5 and under eat free. I remembered that specifically reading that thinking I can't believe they want to charge 16.99 for a 6 year old (that was the highest price I saw for brunch anywhere else I've been or looked). So I asked the waitress why she was charging us that, and she said oh it's 4 and under that eat free. I said not according to your website. So she went and got the manager who again said No mam' it's 4 and under, so I then pulled out my phone and showed the manager their own website for her to see. She didn't apologize or say anything she just went to the register and our server came back with a new bill, this time for 4 adult buffets (we had 3 adults and 1 child in our party). So i said you charged my card for 4 adult buffets, there are only 3 of us and 1 child here. The waitress had to go get her manager again to fix our bill, and she then came over telling me to sign the check and write in the correct amount. Never once did she apologize for all the confusion, time she wasted of ours doing all this nothing! It was no big deal to her, and I was very disappointed and upset. Here I am trying to treat my mom and grandma to a nice brunch and we get nothing but headaches and hassle.. Not a great way to bring back people to your establishment.

Visited May 2013