“Slow and cold” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Canton,Ohio
“Slow and cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Ordered to go food to go back to our room. Pizza was cold and served before a cold dish which at inflated prices turned out to be a dinner that made us wish we would have stopped at Daves Cosmic Subs before we checked in at the Lodge. Folks! Please eat before you come to the Lodge because they cant seem to figure it out.

• Visited May 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Salem, Ohio
“Great food and wonderful view of lake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I have come here several times and every visit was greatly enjoyed! The food is really good with lots of great menu items to choose from. A lot of healthy choices too if you are into that. The only small negative this visit was that we ordered pizza and it wasn't cut all the way through, so I had to cut it myself but I kept cutting it which seemed to go on forever before it actally cut all the way through. The dough was very tough. Tasted ok though. We actually laughed about it because that never has happened before and it took forever before we got a piece off the tray.
The waiters there were super friendly and we have never had someone there that wasn't nice. Great service! This place is incredibly relaxing. We stayed here at the Lodge for only one night and we ate every meal here. We ate our lunch, dinner, and the next day our breakfast and lunch here. We also drank mai tais at the lounge here. Can't wait to come again!!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Painesville, Ohio
“Watch your bill!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Just visited the hotel for their Mother's Day Brunch and the breakfast part of the buffet was great, while the lunch/dinner side was not so much. They only had 3 dishes (+ carving station) to choose from and nobody in my party had anything from that side. The desserts were no good at all and again very limited in selection. We've been to these kind of functions before and they keep getting worse. Upon bringing our bill the waitress charged us for my 5 year old who ate next to nothing anyway but also according to their website 5 and under eat free. I remembered that specifically reading that thinking I can't believe they want to charge 16.99 for a 6 year old (that was the highest price I saw for brunch anywhere else I've been or looked). So I asked the waitress why she was charging us that, and she said oh it's 4 and under that eat free. I said not according to your website. So she went and got the manager who again said No mam' it's 4 and under, so I then pulled out my phone and showed the manager their own website for her to see. She didn't apologize or say anything she just went to the register and our server came back with a new bill, this time for 4 adult buffets (we had 3 adults and 1 child in our party). So i said you charged my card for 4 adult buffets, there are only 3 of us and 1 child here. The waitress had to go get her manager again to fix our bill, and she then came over telling me to sign the check and write in the correct amount. Never once did she apologize for all the confusion, time she wasted of ours doing all this nothing! It was no big deal to her, and I was very disappointed and upset. Here I am trying to treat my mom and grandma to a nice brunch and we get nothing but headaches and hassle.. Not a great way to bring back people to your establishment.

Visited May 2013
Louisville, Ohio
“Breakfast fantastic!Dinner is Mediocre at best!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and daughter and I enjoyed a weekend at the Lodge and we thoroughly enjoyed our breakfasts at Horizons. As far as dinner,we were very disappointed. This was the second time we dined at Horizons for dinner and the food is mediocre at best.I do not mind spending $15-$25 for an entree but, I expect it to be quality to be there and unfortunately the food falls short! On the other hand the breakfast buffet that is offered is FANTASTIC. Made to order chef made omelets,fresh fruits,something for everyone. I would highly recommend Horizons for breakfast only. The atmospheres and architecture is beautiful overlooking Lake Erie.

Dayton, Ohio
“Great atmosphere!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The food was great, and the views of Lake Erie from the dining room were amazing. I had the fish and chips which was as good as I have ever eaten anywhere else. I will try the Walleye next time though.

Visited February 2013