“Don't get the Perch! Yuck!” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Mentor, Ohio
“Don't get the Perch! Yuck!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and I both ordered the perch diner with fries and Cole slaw. I was pleasantly surprised when we got our dinners in about 5 minutes. One bite and I new why it only took 5 minutes, the perch and the fries had both been reheated, food was horrible. I walked by there outdoor kitchen in the back and seen all the fish and fries stacked up in silver pans waiting to be served. Probably made hours ago. Won't be ordering food from there again. Cole slaw was ok and service was average, waitress had an accent and was hard to understand. Atmosphere was ok.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Staff got quite rude and we waited almost 30 minutes for our drinks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We thought it seemed like a cute little place until the summer crowds showed up. On our last visit the staff manager got very rude when we questioned the unacceptable wait just for drinks. After that, we ended up canceling our dinner order and leaving. Small town "hole in the wall" winery.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Cleveland, Ohio
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

great food and the tiki bar was nice bartenders were nice and helpful

Visited July 2012
Hilliard, Ohio
“Very Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

We stopped in on a Monday night. There weren't many people there. The cashier was extremely friendly and helpful. My husband and I aren't wine drinkers, but wanted to try it and she kept offering us samples 'til we found one we liked. Finally she offered me a slushie with the grape jamboree. It was very good, and the price wasn't bad, either. $5.85 for like a 16 oz. cup. My husband had a giant mug refilled, that my sister gave us on a previous visit for $8! We didn't order any food, so I can't comment on that...but it is a WINERY, so they're not going to be known for their salads. They also sell little dalmatian/ fire truck souvenirs. Outside is a huge patio, with covered and uncovered seating. They had live music, which was nice and entertaining. It's a laid back, fun atmosphere. Kids are allowed, since they serve food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salem
“WORST FOOD EVER”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Was able to visit this establishment on 7/14/2012...should have just walked right by it.
The wait for food was an hour and I had ordered, what I thought a mindless item, a grilled chicken salad. I couldn't even eat any of the lettuce....or whatever they served that didn't even resemble lettuce. I was unable to tell anyone(my waitress) of the problem and of the 4 other salad problems at our table because she never was around. My thoughts...I understand the making money is one of the objects in owning a business however maybe this place should rely on doing a better job with there food and not try to PACK 100's of people into a small area, with little to no help. Just saying. My party of 7 will defintely not be back...And I will warn all my friends also.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere