“Look for better options” 2 of 5 stars

Coorg Regency
G.T. Road, 571201, India   |
Ranked #130 of 183 Kodagu District B&B and Inns
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Look for better options”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights during our anniversary trip. We got a room which was spacious and had a decent view from the window. The bathroom interiors were also decent.

However the service was very poor. We were not provided towels since they had a problem with the laundry service. On the first night we woke up at 1 am after a big cockroach went over my face. The room service came and got rid of two big cockroaches. Day 2 was ok since our expectations were moderate and we had already paid the advance.

The property looks good but lacks service. Hence should look for other better options.

• Stayed December 2012

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chennai (Madras), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

We stayed in the hotel for three days and a couple of nights. We managed to get a room in the second floor and the scenic view from the room was awesome.The hotel is conveniently located but it doesn't have a lift and the room was dusty and dirty. Absolutely no room service and the hospitality cannot get worse than this.We deliberately went around Coorg (Kodagu district) to avoid staying in the room and used it only during the nights. Not even worth for half the money we paid. Not recommended for anybody- especially for couples.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

I visited Madikeri on 22nd October 2012 and stayed for a night with family in two rooms. Room was in second floor and lift is not commissioned although hotel started about six months ago. I learnt that the management is changed within this short period and new management is not bothered much about providing good service to their Clients. Madikeri is a Hill station and normally the ambient is very cool and as such A/C accommodation is not needed. Therefore most of the hotels offer only non A/C rooms and charge more than A/C tariff and Coorg Regency is no exception for this. Hot water is a must after the sunset but Geysers fitted in the bathrooms are just show pieces and hot water comes in the morning for few hours through centralised supply system. Room spacious and bathrooms clean because it is new, but sisterns were already damaged and leaky. Reception is overcrowded with people not connected with hospitality and staff busy on cell phone all the time.

Although there is a restaurant within the hotel premises, quality of food as well as service is not very good. Whether it is Chinese, North Indian or South Indian food, everything has a touch of keralite cuisine since the restaurant is run by a Keralite. Iddly served in the morning was horrible and not at all worth its cost. Other food served was also not upto the mark but charge is no way inferior to any star hotel.

On the whole we were not at all happy with this place which has star hotel tariff for zero star facilities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I read up all the great reviews about this hotel before going ahead and booking it. I had no clue I am going to make one of the biggest mistakes in my life. I headed to Coorg, as a part of my first wedding anniversary and the moment I saw the building from the road, I realized that I shouldn't have booked it. Why not, the reasons are as below:

1) The parking space showed in images are actually non existent, it encroaches the main road.

2) The rooms are modest, with fans full of dust and cobwebs all over.

3) I saw a spider dangling from the roof to the bed

4) The dust bin was broken

5) The adjacent restaurant (Sahara, if I remember it right), was a nightmare. We had to regretfully leave at least half of the food we ordered at the table. We are vegetarians and the food was plain bad, but the price is at par with a decent restaurant.

5) Above all, there were at least 4-5 locals and car drivers at the reception and nearby areas, staring at you. This indeed gives you a feeling of insecurity, if you are going as a couple (with your wife)

6) The locks are fragile, which adds to the insecure feeling

Now positives

1) The location is most convenient, as it is beside the road and very close to the main town
2) The bathroom was clean, though there is no geyser integrated. We had to get the warm water straight from the geyser and mix it up with the cold water.

I have images of all the issues raised here and all I can say is that stay away from this hotel unless you are going in a group. Though I booked for two days I checked out as fast as I could and checked in to Coorg International which was a pleasant experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bhubaneswar, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 3 Nights & 4 Days. The location of this hotel is good with lots of shops near by for your daily needs.
The reception people were very well mannered and very helpful. The rooms were spacious & clean. And a special mention to the bathroom which was very clean & was fitted with a gyser, so we got 24 hrs hot water
The room service was a bit slow but the room service people were very well mannered and is always ready to help.
They need to improve their resturant service.
Overall our stay was very comfortable and relaxing. I would suggest this hotel to the tourists who are looking for a decent budget hotel with a good location

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

Had been here for 2 day trip with friends. I have been to coorg a number of times before. But this stay was very good. The place was decent, clean and the rooms are spacious. I wished I had availability when I went there last time with my wife. If there is one thing they could improve,then it is the room service which had to be called twice to get what you want. Rest everything gets 5 stars. We had booked two 2 double bed rooms and finally we had a extra person on board. The person in reception kindly upgraded our room to 3 bed at no extra cost. So kind of him. The hot water was available pretty much most of the time. In short we guys had a blasting time and I will go there again - either with friends or family. Loved the stay. Thanks guys.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Gyser. You can have a hot shower at your convenience.