As a common people even i had lot of doubts before booking Eco-Habitat. Since this is my honeymoon trip I was very concerned in choosing the place. Finally I went for it. As soon we entered I was amazed by seeing that resort, Eco-Habitat itself is a great experience. Let me list down my wow moment one by one:
1. Day-1 started, we freshened up and got ready for breakfast. Chetna(We call her Bhabhi) she amazed us by preparing such a lovely food for us. After that not even a day we had gone out for the food. The best thing is that she prepares the food of our taste, even it is a complimentary breakfast
2. Hameed cheta (He was our guide who take us around in taxi) such a GEM. He drives only for Eco-Habitat. Such a knowledgeable person and very down to the earth. Even-though his son was un well, he never rushed us during our sight seeing on the day-1 (we came to know about this only on the next day) He can answer/suggest you in and around coorg. Hats of to him
3. Gowrish (A man with smiling face). On the day-1, it was thundering in the night with heavy rain. Since this was our first night stay in Eco-Habitat it was little scarey. He told us not to worry and he also tied their dog (Dummy/Kelly) near our door for our secure and also told us to give a call at any time if we feel anything going wrong with a smiling face. I have never heard/seen this kind of hospitality anywhere
4. Som - cool head (he seems to be calm, but he makes sure everything is going right) Som took around for the coffee plantation tour, in the way we were sharing few words/experience. It is good to see someone who cares about the ecosystem, who think about organic farming and who fights for it. Hats of too him as-well
5. About the room - I thoroughly enjoyed the room. Everything was very clean, swimming pool inside our room was a great thought at this affordable price. It was a perfect choice for honeymoon couples and to family as well.
I would love and like to be there soon. All the best Som and team. You are going to be a great niche player soon. Please do not comprise on your values at any cost/time.
Apart from Eco-Habitat. The place which I loved is elephant camp. I loved this place and Eco-Habitat is very near to this spot. Have you heard of any place where you can bath and feed the elephant? please visit this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let me tell you about Eco Habitat. I Som and my wife Chethana quit our mainstream job in Bangalore and we opted Co-org to settle doing Vanilla farming in 2004. We understood that a lot of our like minded friends and known people were interested to come to Coorg and spend time with us during the weekends.So we decided to make and run a farm/home stay on our Organic farm. Our organic spice plantation is located very close to river Kaveri. The best part is that we get to see wild life on the opp bank of the river in the reserve forest called Dubare. It’s a treat to watch the sun rise by the river bank.We have 2 private pool Villas built on the farm. We haven't compromised on the quality of the materials used in the villas, like the spring mattress, DuPont linens, satellite TV, private pool, solar powered lights, power back up and a huge lawn area in front of the cottages.. The Villas are built from natural late-rite rocks.We have good team of cooks and we offer multiple cuisines for our clients. Not to forget even the local coorgi dishes...Food and snacks are all home cooked and served fresh to our clients based on their choice. We also tell our clients what we specialize in and what current vegetables, greens and fruits are on the farm to pick and choose from. We have lots of pets on the farm. Dogs, ducks, rabbits, horse, cows and calves. Animal and pet lovers may have a good time on the farm. We have organic coconut farm intercropped with Vanilla, Cardamom, pepper, banana and variety of grass to support our dairy farming. We have bio-gas plant which supports the kitchen fuel...Apart from the local sight seeing of lakes, reservoirs, rivers, elephant camp, Tibetan monastery, temples, hill views etc. We also conduct fishing camps, hiking, kayaking, river rafting, 4x4 jeep drives, jungle safari, quad biking, micro-lite flying etc... We also promote Agri-tourism and responsible tourism. We discuss and educate our clients about the local crops which are grown season wise and if interested we encourage them to participate real time. It may be picking coffee beans, harvesting paddy, picking pepper, manuring fields, de-weeding farm grounds, preparing bio mass for bio fuel etc. We have good stretches of hill roads, where the vehicle and human traffic is almost nill, here we encourage our clients to do cycling. We organize picnic lunch in between if they take up full day cycling. We also have very nice camping sites, by the river side, by the back waters and hill tops…We also encourage our customers to take up kayaking and river rafting during the monsoon season…We conduct river rafting in 2 rivers called Kaveri and Barapole…Around Eco Habitat, there are few tribal schools. If our clients are interested we take them to spend quality time with the kids and also contribute for a good cause.We take guests only when we are on the farm. We believe in interacting with every client of ours, understand their perception of the vacation and cater accordingly to their needs. ... more less