“A model homestay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Prabhakar Homestay

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guwahati
Prabhakar Homestay
You added Prabhakar Homestay to your Saves list
House no. 2, Byelane no. 2, KP Barua Road | Krishna Nagar, Chandmari, Guwahati 781003, India   |
Ranked #1 of 56 Guwahati B&B and Inns
London UK
“A model homestay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

I can't recommend this homestay highly enough. It's in a very quiet, tranquil location that feels far away from the traffic chaos of downtown Guwahati and is super-comfortable. The bedrooms and bathrooms are spacious and beautifully maintained. The staff are friendly and efficient, ever-smiling, and the food served for dinner is delicious and plentiful. The stars of the show, however, are the owners, Mr and Mrs Bora. They couldn't be more hospitable and friendly, and Mrs Bora in particular is a fount of information and advice about Assam and NE India in general. I stayed for two nights, can't wait to go back, and feel I now have friends in Guwahati.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ShielaBora, Owner at Prabhakar Homestay, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am so happy you enjoyed staying with us . It is inspiring to know that we could make you feel at home. I look forward to your next visit to Guwahati.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
vadodara, india
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Absolutely charming in every way, my two night stay here was really like a home away from home. The hosts are warm and gracious and have trained their team wonderfully. The food was delicious and the rooms very cozy and comfortable. Mahesh's wonderful new venture making artistic products from Elephant and Rhino dung is really commendable and if not for weight restrictions, I would have bought up a lot. The quiet location up on a hill with a lovely garden is a wonderful sight to come back to after a days sight seeing. Sheila very graciously invited me to a reunion of friends they were having in their garden on the evening I arrived and it was a real joy to meet warm and interesting locals, both young and older. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
ShielaBora, Owner at Prabhakar Homestay, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Nandita
I am so touched by the wonderful review you have written for our Homestay. Your satisfaction means a great deal for us and will help us in our endeavour to strive for providing all comfort and satisfaction to our guests.
We look forward to more visits from you and your friends in future.
Ahmedabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

A very pretty place to stay and a best option if you are visiting Guwahati. We were there for one night and had a wonderful time. I wish we were there for couple more nights :) The owners of the property are very warm and friendly. They also gave us suggestions to visit places in and around Guwahati.
The rooms are very beautiful and well maintained. They food is also good.
I would definitely stay at this place next time I am visiting Guwahati.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
delhi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here three nights and it was one of the most amazing travel experiences I have had. The hosts are super helpful, yet not intrusive. The place itself is just perfect - clean, comfortable, spacious, well decorated, lovely garden, walks nearby...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

From the moment you make your booking, you are made to feel like you're just visiting an old friend's beautiful home. I had the privilege of meeting not just Sheila and her husband Mahesh, but her lovely daughter and her partner too, who happened to be visiting from France. They are each fascinating in their own regard, so much so that I felt like staying at home just to chat with them. Agree with everything the others have said; only thing to add is that Pankaj, the chef, makes some of the best food I've had anywhere in India. Simply the icing on the cake.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ShielaBora, Owner at Prabhakar Homestay, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Arjun
Thank you very much for your kind review of our Homestay. I just can't tell you how happy it makes us feel to know that our guests were comfortable and happy staying with us. It means a lot to us and gives us the right kind of inspiration to strive for providing more comforts for us valuable guests.
Serving my guests is a passion for me. I look forward to your next visit to Guwahati.
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

First thing you would remember when you return home after visiting Prabhakar Homestay, Guwahati, is the homely ambiance in there. From the welcome greetings at the doorstep to the bidding of goodbye at the end, they were like your relatives. We stayed in "Champa", the room was quite spacious and believe me, each and everything was in proper place! It was neat and clean, nicely decorated and furnished with with furniture that went with the ambiance. Food was... in a word -- awesome, never had a tastier food in the whole trip than this! And above all, there were Mr. and Mrs. Bora, both were very friendly and always taking that extra step to make their guests feel comfortable! We really enjoyed the short stay and recommend this home-stay as a must-stay when you are roaming in Guwahati!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
ShielaBora, Owner at Prabhakar Homestay, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Charles and Elisabeth,
Thank you for your wonderful review about our Homestay. Your kind words mean so much for me!!

It inspires me to to strive harder to satisfy my guests and make them feel at home. I look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.
Gangtok, Sikkim, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I visited this beautiful property in Guwahati run mainly by Mrs Sheila Bora who is also a historian by profession. Anyone traveling to Guwahati on work, holiday or as a stop over this is the perfect place to stay in. It is a lovely home stay and yet with all the privacy that one would like. The bedrooms are spacious and tastefully furnished, the bathrooms are with perfect fittings neat and clean. The winner of course is the garden in the midst of this bustling and rather dusty city. They have a large collection of plants and this includes orchids from all over the region. They have a separate library and a very good collection of coffee table books about the region. The hosts are charming and always ready to talk and very welcoming. Her husband Mahesh who has retired from government service is innovative even now tirelessly making efforts to generate employment for local people. Visitors should not miss seeing his collection of hand-made craft items from paper made out of guess what??? Elephant and Rhino dung. A must stay in Guwahati!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Prabhakar Homestay? Share your experiences!