“superb hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mayur Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Guwahati
Mayur Hotel
You added Mayur Hotel to your Saves list
Paltan Bazar | opp. Shillong Bus Stand, Guwahati 781008, India   |
Ranked #28 of 51 Hotels in Guwahati
kurukshetra
“superb hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

when i or my father go to guwahati, we generally stay at this hotel. this hotel is just magnificient. the double rooms cost around rs 934 but they are a lot spacious and luxurious compared to other hotel's room at that cost. the hotel is well maintained. actually, they are a lot clean. the room service may be a few minutes late but its well upto the mark and they are helpful too. overall you can try it out in there. and its just hardly five minutes walk from guwahati railway station towards paltan bazaar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

It was my first visit to Guwahati, in return from Gangtok to Delhi for darshan of Devi Kamakhya but I was very much afraid psychologically with name of north east don't know why. After little search for good hotel I stepped in MAYUR, initially front desk staff did not attended nicely, when i was just near to loose my patience I realised that I was not correct, In fact due to rush and frequent visits of guests, entire staff was overbusy, However I got a super delux room which was very spacious with seperate dining space and big retiring lobby, wash-room was also very nice, fully loaded, neat and clean, view of stadium was also nice from balcony.Restaurent was also excellent and i saw many local people to visit that. Hotel arranged a taxi for me for local site seeing, Driver Mr. Sharma was having extra ordinary knowledge about culture and history of Assam. He told me lot about late Bhupen Hazarika and political scenario of North-east. He was the best guide, i ever met.I cant forget Mr. Sharma who promised me to travel with me during my next visit to Shilong and I will wait for the day Thanks Mayur Hotel for your polite staff and delicious food with excellent room service.

Room Tip: certainly at back
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Madurai, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have not booked any hotel when I landed Guwahati. I just got down at Paltan bazaar from Airport and I saw this very hotel first. So chose to stay here. Staff members are not so appealing and pleasing, however the room is quite nice and comfortable for a single person.

There are several negatives, like TV was not working, at times the staff members were not helpful etc. etc. but given the price to service ratio, it is not a bad choice to stay here.

The location was perfect to move around Guwahati and the travel desk at the hotel gave some assistance.

I can recommend this hotel budget travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Good hotel, I had the misfortune to checkout on designated date, as per my pre booked Bus Ticket for onward journey to Silchar, but on reaching Bus Stop, was informed that busses cancelled due to ethnic clashes enroute. So, had to come back to city and book another hotel - which was way below dignified human expectaions for a higher price.
Mayur Hotel is one the best places to stay in Guwahati. Very near to the Railway station and cost effective - value for money accomodation.

Room Tip: Please select Deluxe Rooms
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

It was our first time in Guwahati, we arrived Guwahati unplanned and had no clue of the room rents and the hotel services provided here in Guwahati. We had landed up in a hotel (not Mayur) with a big price tag. Unfortunately and unexpectedly, that hotel turned out to be too in-hospitable, dirty and unhealthy. We had to to shift, and we shifted to Mayur - the cheaper, cleaner, hospitable, homely home away from home. Bests to Mayur.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I arrived from Kolkata on summer 2012, and I stayed on this hotel for 1 days i have to move to Shillong. Before moving to Shillong I asked to book 3 rooms for our family, and they booked non-ac with security deposit of Rs 1000 each. After form Shillong when we entered the room then we have see the room was so smelly, dirty and unhygienic. there were various insects in the room. When we complaint about all these things to the staff they deny all this things and even did not provide us the better room instead of this. they said that there are rooms but we have to pay double charge.Also they didn't checked the room in front of us, when we checked out they checked the room and said that bathroom has been broken. But it was from very begaining and we were saying about this to staff they simply denied and also they said us that nobody is complaining why are we complaining only . Now they were charging the double amount form us, when we denied that we have not this they were just not listening and giving threatening to us. Though they are charging 1000/- security for each room still they demanded extra 1200/- for property damage as mentioned by them. They are having the rooms but when a customer is in require of the best room they charged double money from them which is a cheating. Even the staff are so rude, that they cannot speak good words. We were felling so helpless and they were taking the benefit of our situation. The staff did not provide any service when asked for. I strictly recommend all customers not to stay in this hotel as they are cheating peoples in the daytime. they are just a type of dacoit. I will rate this hotel as -5 points. The staff of mayur are so worst than before. They Don't know any hospitality. In paltan bazar area there are many hotels, so please avoid this hotel.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Shillong
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

I was Travelling by Train from Guwahati to New Delhi as I had to take my Mother for treatment. I had reached pretty late as there was heavy traffic from Shillong and was concerned about her condition. Our train was at 7 in the morning, I approached the Hotel and asked for a room. I was ready to pay for whatever tariff they ask and whatever room I get. My mother infact is an IAS Officer and I'm also an Engineer. However as soon as I approached the Front Desk, they just refused to even attend to me and infact it took 20 mins for some staff to condescendingly refused me a room and said no rooms were available. What got me angry was when another person who also had no reservation entered 30 mins after me, asked for a room and they gave him a room with a smile.When I asked for the Manager they started shooeing me out of the hotel. I was brimming in anger but refused to fight keeping my mother's condition in mind. I have stayed in many 5 stars in my 27 years, but have never been shooed away and that also by such a low scale budget hotel.

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel before you all get shooed away also.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Mayur Hotel? Share your experiences!