We had lunch here during a stay in Port Blair. The food was good, although service was slow. The resort is a collection of nicely done wooden+thatched roof huts, including the restaurant. Food was "average plus"--- especially given the fairly normal things we ordered (fish curry and veg thali). Bathrooms were in an out building near the restaurant--- and not very clean. The beach is beautiful here--- although you can also access the beach --Radhanagar beach (also known as beach #5) voted best in Asia-- from a public area with parking lot and vendors (of anything you could possibly imagine). The hotel doesnt have chairs, bar/restaurant service, etc., on the beach--and it's located about 3-5 min walk through a 'jungle' of beautiful tall trees from the beach. Other resorts on the island have better beach access (several on beach #5, for ex), including chairs/towels and bar+food service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover India's best kept secret - the Andaman Islands - at the Barefoot Group's first eco-retreat called 'Barefoot at Havelock.' Located exclusively on what TIME Magazine in November 2004 rated as the best beach in Asia, our small resort is set in rain forest and tropical fruit trees behind a pristine 2 km white-sand stretch of the quirkly named Beach No. 7 at Havelock Island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline so you can book your Barefoot at Havelock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barefoot At Havelock Hotel Havelock Island
- Barefoot Havelock Island
- Barefoot Hotel Havelock Island