“Must see this Vineyard and Church” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Attractions in Geneva
Type: Wineries, Food & Drink
Cridersville Ohio
21 attraction reviews
“Must see this Vineyard and Church”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you are in the area you must see this old church set in the middle of the vineyard, This is the best location of all the vineyard we went to.

Visited August 2012

Austintown, Ohio, United States
“Turned away for no reason”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

A group of my friends and I (18 of us) Planned at trip to Geneva to kind of do a little winery tour. We rented a small chauffeured party bus so we could all ride together. I E-mailed them about 4 weeks before our trip, letting them know the number of people that where coming the date and time that we would be arriving in a small bus. They E-mailed me back and explained that because of the holiday weekend (Labor Day) that they may not be able to accommodate all of us inside, but we could buy a bottle inside and take it out back to enjoy. This was the first winery of 5 that we planned on visiting. When we arrived we were greeted in the parking lot by a very irate man yelling at our driver to close the door and not let anyone out, I tried to explain to him who we were and that I E-mailed ahead of time to let them know we were coming. (my friends and I are all close to 50yrs old or older) It wasn't like we were a bunch of drunken kids, this was are first stop! He kept yelling at the driver to close the door or there would be trouble. Now I have been to South River in the past, and it is a very nice location and the wine is ok, But after this I will never recommend it to anyone. There are many other winery's in the area that were more than accommodating and glad to have us there.

Visited September 2012
SouthRiverVineyard, Owner at South River Vineyard, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
I would like to assure potential customers, that they will be met with respect when they arrive at our establishment.
You will see two bad reviews on the Trip Advisor site:
Both incidents were related to large BUS groups. It is on our website that we do NOT allow buses. It is also clearly stated on sinage and our website that no other alcohol is to be brought on the premises (per Ohio law) Party buses allow drinking on board, and the person that wrote the bad review, exited the bus with BEER in hand. We were very busy on the holiday weekend and have no tolerance for patrons on buses that are potentially intoxicated. Our business is small and the party buses are disruptive. Thank you for reading my response.
Heather Sigel
Solon, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Best winery in Ohio!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is the most picturesque winery I have visited in Ohio! The old church and gorgeous patio's which overlook the vineyards are absolutely amazing! You feel as though you could be sitting in Italy or France rather than Northeast Ohio! The wines are all very good as well! You can bring your own picnic food with you because they don't serve food. We have visited many of the wineries in Geneva and Ashtabula and this is by far the nicest of them all! It is best to pack a picnic lunch or dinner and plan on sitting back and enjoying the spectacular views for a few hours rather than running around to a bunch of different wineries.

Visited July 2012
Austinburg, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Pretty good wines, beautiful location, but they don't seem to want any customers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Cranky owner, has a strange attitude about actually having customers there. We continue to visit this place, but just don't understand why the owner acts as if customers are an inconvenience to his business. Not cool.

Visited March 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
“Just beautiful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

There's something quaint about this church-turned winery. A very calming place with all that it has to offer.